Should I do something or can I change his mind somehow ?

Chloe157

I am 18 and I had a crush on someone for so long and I tried so many things to get to know each other starting from zero. So we were texting, we saw each other like 4 times in few months. Not many times, I know. I have seen that he is pretty boring so I gave up on him because he doesn't seem to get interested in me.

Ok, so in the last 2 month we started chatting again, we saw each other and after 2 weeks or so he invited me to his birthday, a big one, you know... 18. And I was like:"why you do this. We see each other like 4 times in 2 years. Why". This was only in my head. I was happy for his invitation.

And I have been to this party. When I decided not to stay at the table anymore, it was time for dancing. I saw that he hugged me few times and this was really awkward from him because he is that kind of single piece of boring gamer who hasn't got any contact with girls. Anyway, I danced with him on few songs and it was amazing, I felt so good about it because we were so close... and well... my feelings for him were getting recovered. After different kind of things like this, simple kisses on chicks, a lot of hugs and compliments, we were sitting at a table. And he told me that those things weren t random and he feels something and he really wanted to do those things. I knew that this was the MOMENT so I said that I like him. He was shocked and he said that he feel the same but he was anxios to say it. And then... we kissed a lot, we dance together... It was so perfect... I loved every single touch, word, and every moment, very perfect kiss, his smell and all. We even dance on my favourite song and he treated me so nice, I haven't seen this part of him and it was amazing. I will always remember his smile when he heard that i like him. He was extremely happy about it.

After 2 days of not speaking about that night, something terrible happened. He said that he doesn't know if this gonna work, he feels awkward, he see me as a friend, and it was a mistake that he felt that we can be together because he liked our friendship how it was. WHAT ? How can someone sau that in 2 days after a perfect night ? He didn t gave me any reasons why he feel this. He just said that he is not ready for a relationship and in every message he was like "sorry, maybe you deserve someone who knows what he is doin" And he wanted for me to forget and not to hate him for this. So in that night he was so in love and after he say that it was a mistake and doesn t feel like it. I asked him different things and he said that he like the night but this was something he wanted then, and he wasn t sure.

I was trying to change his mind, and inside me I still got a hope that with time maybe he will discover that he should have listen to me. I mean... we gonna see in the next few weeks and what if I can change his mind ? I know he suffers and he wants someone in his life, I know that what was in that night it wasn t false. Should I try to change his mind next time I see him ? What arguments should I have ? I wanna know what he wants and if sometime I might have a chance on him. I wanna try, maybe is works. If it works in that night maybe he change his mind and he will see me again like that. Please... any advice ?

You need to play it cool. At 18, he's still afraid of girls and he may be afraid of the emotions you opened up in him. Guys hate to lose control over themselves and you also got him to reveal his unguarded self. Don't give him a big speech. Just go out on a nice date. Keep it simple. And then follow it up with more dates and see what happens. but don't jump the gun with him. Take it easy. You don't want to scare him away.

"He just said that he is not ready for a relationship and in every message he was like "sorry, maybe you deserve someone who knows what he is doin"

When a person tells you what the deal is, LISTEN. Never, ever, enter into something when a person isn't 100 percent confident in being with you. Whether or not his explanation is the truth or BS, when the day comes that he is ready, it'll most likely be with someone else.

He's just not that into you and never was. You're the one who made all the effort before, and he probably liked the ego boost that you had a crush on him, but that's the extent of it. He probably tried to force himself that night to get caught up in the emotions you showed, but upon reflection, realized the spark was missing for him.

Convincing someone to be with you is a recipe for disaster. The guy for you will make you a priority, put in the effort, and will want to shout from the rooftops that you're the one for him. Until you work on your self worth, that type of guy will be illusive to you.

Andrina, yeah, you might be right. But it didn t come from me. He was the one making the first moves and telling me that he likes me. I even asked him again just to be sure :)) and then I thought that I will be dumb if I don't express my feelings, too. Thank you, for advice. It sounds sad but true :))

Archived