Ex’s friend keeps tabs on me

melchevelle

My girl and I entered a LDR late last year. Her in CA, me in KY. She would frequently talk to her friend in CO about me and for the first time in their 20+ year friendship, her friend was very approving of her choice of mate (without meeting me) which I thought was pretty cool. Her friend then started following me on IG.

We “met” on a FaceTime session when my gf was staying with her. We continued to message each other every once in a while, mostly just common interests or little things about my gf.

Well, my gf suddenly broke up with me (story for later) and I’ve not been active on social media. Her friend has since reached out twice since the passing of my father asking how I’ve been or offering support which has been incredible. Never underestimate the generosity of strangers.

I guess I’m curious as to whether she is relaying information back to my ex? I don’t think it would be ill intent, but I’ve opened up to her and I don’t know if it’s being relayed back to her or if she’s just being a nice person and has just a general interest in me. PS, she has a bf, so attraction is not a factor.

The friend isn't spying on you, you are voluntarily chatting with her giving her info. Once you break up, you block and delete someone and All their people from all messaging and social media apps. Start dating real girls in real life locally to avoid these headaches in the future.

Her friend has since reached out twice. I guess I’m curious as to whether she is relaying information back to my ex?

Archived