Girl at work just wants attention or does she like me.

SanderGouman

I work in a restaurant. this restaurant is located in a mall.

I like a girl at work since I actually work there (about a year). However, she then had a boyfriend. after about a month she started to talk to me more and more and we often smile at each other when we look at each other (something she also does behind the counter when I'm on the other side of the restaurant). a supervisor wants me to get a girlfriend and asked her if she wanted something with me. When that girl said if (my name) want then I want to. this is about 2 months back. She then asked for a Valentine gift a few times. However, I did not go into that and did not buy anything.

a month ago I was about to make a burger and I did something wrong. then she rubbed my arm and asked if she could do it.

The day before yesterday she said out of nowhere that two employees of the mall had told her that she should take something with me because we would be a good match because we are opposites. she no longer has a boyfriend here.

Also yesterday I also sat on my phone and she came from the other side of the restaurant grabbed my arm and gave a tap on my fingers.

Also the day before yesterday we were changing clothes and an elderly woman who works there whistled to me. then said that girl (my name) is allready my boyfriend.

She also asked for a Valentine's gift and wanted chocolate and a gift voucher from the mcdonalds. (I have already bought both) she doesnt know i got the mcdonalds gift card because we both thought that that wasnt available in my country but apparently it is.

I had to sign a contract today and met her.

she was behind the counter and she said I can not wait for Saturday.

So I said I have the present i even have two presents

then she said oh exciting I am curious.

how do you guys think about this. does she just want attention or do you guys think she likes me? and i should ask her out

You shouldn't care if you know she likes you or not. If you like someone, just ask them out....their response will tell you if they do or not. Sitting around, second guessing and over analyzing is a fools way of doing things. life is not worth living if you won't take risks.

You shouldn't care if you know she likes you or not. If you like someone, just ask them out....their response will tell you if they do or not. Sitting around, second guessing and over analyzing is a fools way of doing things. life is not worth living if you won't take risks.

True but if you already have asked out 3 girls and 3 times no. The courage of asking again isnt really there

It sounds like most of the signs are positive to me. She has been kind and helpful to you, and has spoken positively about you to others.

However, I might ask, how well do you know her on a friend-to-friend basis? Do you know what her interests are, what her personality is like, and whether you think she would actually be a good fit for you, or is it more just admiring looks and brief talks? These are things you might want to consider before you plunge heavily into dating. Also, is she twisting your arm to try and get you to buy gifts for her, or more just making suggestions about items that she likes? Does she respect you a lot? If she seems very needy and wants to be in a relationship to get things from you, or seems to be rebounding from her last boyfriend, I would caution you to take things very slowly and test it out. I am hoping for the best as the two of you meet up together, but also that you would be wise and discerning.

It sounds like most of the signs are positive to me. She has been kind and helpful to you, and has spoken positively about you to others.

However, I might ask, how well do you know her on a friend-to-friend basis? Do you know what her interests are, what her personality is like, and whether you think she would actually be a good fit for you, or is it more just admiring looks and brief talks? These are things you might want to consider before you plunge heavily into dating. Also, is she twisting your arm to try and get you to buy gifts for her, or more just making suggestions about items that she likes? Does she respect you a lot? If she seems very needy and wants to be in a relationship to get things from you, or seems to be rebounding from her last boyfriend, I would caution you to take things very slowly and test it out. I am hoping for the best as the two of you meet up together, but also that you would be wise and discerning.

Outside of work i dont speak to her really. I think we will fit together.

I think her asking for a Valentine's gift was her trying to hint to you that she wants you to ask her out and that she's interested in you...though I would be concerned at her demanding gifts. I think the only thing you can do is ask her out. That's the only way you'll know. Keep in mind, you work together, so if the date doesn't work out or you two date awhile and break up, you still have to work with her, and you have to maintain a separation of professional boundaries at work whether you are together or not.

I think her asking for a Valentine's gift was her trying to hint to you that she wants you to ask her out and that she's interested in you...though I would be concerned at her demanding gifts. I think the only thing you can do is ask her out. That's the only way you'll know. Keep in mind, you work together, so if the date doesn't work out or you two date awhile and break up, you still have to work with her, and you have to maintain a separation of professional boundaries at work whether you are together or not.

Hi.

Today i asked if asking gor the gift was just for the gift or for something behind it. She then said it was a joke.

True but if you already have asked out 3 girls and 3 times no. The courage of asking again isnt really there

It's a numbers game. I forget who said this, but it's true in dating as well "YOu miss 100% of the shots you don't take.". Girls have the upper hand in the dating game. Girls get asked out way more than guys. Guys have to get used to being turned down. But say you ask 10 girls out and 1 of them says yes. That's a win. So don't let 3 strikes get you out. But I will say, be careful dating someone you work with. It happens, but it can get messy.

Hi.

Today i asked if asking gor the gift was just for the gift or for something behind it. She then said it was a joke.

It's usually not a good idea to just come out and ask. It shows lack of confidence. It might not have been a joke when she initially said it. But now you've backed her into a corner and forced her hand. When women encourage you, ask them out. Don't worry about rejection. It really is nothing personal.

You might want to consider not pursuing co-workers.

Archived