Marination Station

Yarmer

So basically I've been dating this younger woman who has been screwed over with guys in the past (cheated on with one guy, another guy gave her herpes)

We've been on several dates and just recently things died down a bit so I reach out to her (after a week of headache and trying to figure things out) and said I feel like things were going well and now there is a distance. She agreed and said because in the past she's jumped in and out of new relationships and wants to take it slow. Sounded like we hit it off and it freaked her out. She's young and said she's focusing on her life but said she should have put herself in my shoes about the situation. It was a very healthy upbeat convo and even suggested we do something this weekend.

Lesson learned. When things are off it's so much better to let things marinate and breathe then TALK about the situation rather than make assumptions.

Lesson learned. When things are off it's so much better to let things marinate and breathe then TALK about the situation rather than make assumptions.

Amen!

The tricky part is to not make assumptions while marinating! Sometimes although a talk is needed, it doesn't need to happen right away.

So basically I've been dating this younger woman who has been screwed over with guys in the past (cheated on with one guy, another guy gave her herpes)

We've been on several dates and just recently things died down a bit so I reach out to her (after a week of headache and trying to figure things out) and said I feel like things were going well and now there is a distance. She agreed and said because in the past she's jumped in and out of new relationships and wants to take it slow. Sounded like we hit it off and it freaked her out. She's young and said she's focusing on her life but said she should have put herself in my shoes about the situation.It was a very healthy upbeat convo and even suggested we do something this weekend.

Honestly I don't blame you for making assumptions cause after all she is making herself available for dating. She sounds like she is making excuses, if someone isn't ready, they aren't gonna even think of dating. I've had several guys pull those excuses on me, they just wanted out w/out having to reject me. When I broke up w/my ex, I wasn't ready, so I didn't date AT ALL. People play games, make sure you don't get caught in her rollercoaster. Open yourself up to other women and you will be better finding someone who wants commitment.

Archived