I was her rebound and now she seems to be dating someone new

Hi, after reading so many post regarding rebound and all. I decide to post my story and seek for fellow member advise. Pardon for the lengthy post.

So 4 years ago I met this girl who was 19 and I was 25 at my work place. She broke up with her bf of 2 years and we start getting closer each day. Soon we were dating. We date for 3 years and was not in an offical status. Whenever I ask her she told me she was not ready to be in a relationship. However, I would introduce her as my girlfriend to all my friends. I had already met her family member and also all of her relative and everyone in her family thinks I'm a nice guy and give us blessing in our relationship. She once told me that I'm the first guy that her parent actually approve of.

However things don't last. She gotten her first job and the pay was consider high given her age. 3 months ago I start to feel that we are getting distant and she no longer initiate meet up or reply my text as often and I found out that she's been lieing to me on some occasion. One faithful day, I found out that she has been traveling to one of her Co worker house and she didn't not mention it to me. I lose my emotion and confronted her and that guy and I feel really immature. The guy openly told her that he was interested in her and will officially start going after her. After that night, they have been texting constantly and the girl was just taking her own sweet time replying to my text. She told me that she need space and more time to explore as I'm the second guy she dated and she wants to remain friend as of now. For the first few days, due to my immature thinking, I went over to her house to try to salvage everything but I think it backfire. Her best friend confronted her and her answer was she don't want to have a boyfriend now.

Currently Im keeping limited contact with her and I won't initiate text with her. She's the one who initiate text most of the time. It's been 2 weeks since we last met and I have no intention to ask for meet up unless there's a need to.

After reading all the post I found out that I'm actually the rebound guy for 3 years and this Co worker just came in and attracted her. I really do love her a lot and I wish to get her back. Would really appreciate any advise

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like she ever thought of herself as your girlfriend. She told you she wasn't ready for a relationship but you went ahead and introduced her as though you two were a couple.Why did you hang around for three years without an official status?

I'm afraid that she never viewed you as a serious romantic prospect. She enjoyed your company well enough and you were a convenient source of attention, but dating for 3 years with no title indicates she wasn't really all that into you, my friend. I know you say you want her back, but she was not exactly yours to begin with.

It's time for you to move on. If it hasn't progressed after all this time, it's not going to now.

Well, it's over. You dated for three years. She never made it official. Right there it tells you she wasn't serious about you. Now she's found someone else. That's it. She wants to keep you as a friend. She doesn't want a big breakup. If you want to keep her as a friend, you have to control your emotions and look for someone else to date.

Hi thanks for the advise. Yes I'm definitely moving on. Has been hitting the gym to get back to shape and focusing on my job and studies. She wont be my priority now. I will let her go out and explore whatever she wants and if she were to come back, it won't be the same anymore. So let time tells.

I doubt it, simply because her feelings weren't that strong to begin with. Or if she does come back, she won't stick around.

I would not waste any more time on her. It wasn't going anywhere and you should only emotionally invest in someone's who equally interested in you. This girl just isn't.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, just an update and maybe some advise. I will be meeting her in 2 days time to pass her her things after one month. I will be telling her that I have already move on as Im not feeling so heartbroken when I know that she is already dating someone and also request for no contact so as to heal myself and let her have her space in regarding what she wants and who know after I healed and she figure out what she wants maybe we can really give it a try.

Archived