He is the best but lied to me

Angie18

I met him almost two years ago online, not by online dating or anything, but we met as a friends. Since then our love was growing, I love him to death now, he is always there for me and I am for him. He was always the best and I trusted him. But recently, after year and a half of relationship, he said that his name wasn't the one he told me. It made me question things but he swears he's been crying for days and he's asking for forgiveness for screwing up. He is Arab Muslim, and he said he did it because he's afraid that his pictures don't end up online so he was hiding identify. He promised he is not hiding anything anymore and he would die for me. I forgave him because I love him a lot.

I don't really follow his line of reasoning - he gave you a fake name to hide his identity, so his photos don't end up on the internet...what? Did he have some reason to believe you would post his name and photos somewhere online? I don't get it.

Have you spoken to him live on webcam or FaceTime before?

What pictures?

You don't even know this guy, as you have never met. He could be married or involved with another. He lied to you about a name, god knows what else. He is a stranger. Your relationship is a fantasy.

And no, he cannot be there for you, as he lives somewhere else.

Find someone you can have a real relationship with.

You cant love someone you have never met. This guy admits to lying to you in a big way. I agree he could be married, have a serious girlfriend, a bunch of kids. You have no idea who he is. It's all a fraud. Find someone in your area you can see and be with and hang out with and share a real relationship with. This guy is not the one.

Not saying this is what is going on in this case, but when a guy says he doesnt want his pictures with his real ID to bet out there. It usually means that he is hiding it from someone else. Either a wife, other GFs, but it seems to me that you are not the only girl he is courting.

And just for your information. I have said "Ive been crying for days" before and it doesnt mean I have been crying for days. All I was doing is pushing the buttons that I know would work on you. Maybe he is doing the same thing because he knows "you love him to death" so he can say all the sweet things to you. Remember, actions speak louder than words.

But in all honesty, if you have never met him then why do you love him so much? If its been two years and you never met him, odds are you wont. I wouldnt put your eggs in one basket with this guy.

Archived