Anybody know why is it so?

These days I feel so lethargic. No energy physically and mentally as well. No zeal to live a day or learn (however, I am dying to improve myself behavioural and career wise, but I fail due to lack of interest).

I sleep and eat a lot. I feel the urge of eating junk foods a lot usually I don't eat junks. I feel so tired and exhausted. Daily I want to begin my day with full of positivity, but I remain so delusional and end up wasting my time doing nothing.

My question is: how to be energetic, curious, positive and productive? How to make my day busy and capable of producing good results to me?

These days I feel so lethargic. No energy physically and mentally as well. No zeal to live a day or learn (however, I am dying to improve myself behavioural and career wise, but I fail due to lack of interest).

I sleep and eat a lot. I feel the urge of eating junk foods a lot usually I don't eat junks. I feel so tired and exhausted. Daily I want to begin my day with full of positivity, but I remain so delusional and end up wasting my time doing nothing.

My question is: how to be energetic, curious, positive and productive? How to make my day busy and capable of producing good results to me?

Sometimes you can't sit and wait for the feeling to come over you. Thoughts proceed feelings. Try changing your thoughts first.

It feels awkward at first but start telling yourself something different and then push yourself through it.

I can be like you describe. . But I get up and start moving and you gain momentum.

It's not always easy but the rewards for having done so motivate you to do more.

I think you should go see your doctor for a check up in case there is something wrong with you.

It seems it is because of the break up issues. Plus, the exam pressure. And stress to do better in life. I miss him terribly at times. But, then I don't want to turn back. And moving forward seems too tough as well.

Sometimes you can't sit and wait for the feeling to come over you. Thoughts proceed feelings. Try changing your thoughts first.

It feels awkward at first but start telling yourself something different and then push yourself through it.

I can be like you describe. . But I get up and start moving and you gain momentum.

It's not always easy but the rewards for having done so motivate you to do more.

I certainly agree to this buddy.

Yes, this.

Also, make sure you are taking a multivitamin with minerals and iron (which means you will have to get your calcium 30 before or after the iron and any other time that day. Potassium and iron are both necessary to maintain energy and focus. Manganese and magnesium help with anxiety, mood. Son't gaks more than the recommended dose.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been feeling this way too. It could be life that has beaten you down amd maybe its time to let yourself recharge and sleep and lay low. Maybe your body is telling you to rest and slow down because you need to grieve. You don't have to beat yourself up for not being a certain way. We are human we need rest and recharging before we can take a step forward.

One practical tip. Keep your exercise clothes right by your bed. Sneakers ready at the door, water bottle in the fridge, anything else you need within arm's length (like earbuds/phone). If you can do a power walk or run first thing in the morning -even if it means running up and down stairs for 20 minutes - or putting a workout DVD in your computer, get up and robotically get out the door or to your workout - no thinking permitted since everything will be ready -and just do it. Your mind and body will thank you.

Archived