Help deciding about a job change

I have been at my current full time job now for over five months. I absolutely love my boss, he is one of the coolest guys ever! but, he is often gone because he own other businesses and with conferences. When he is gone our general manager is in charge and does not care about anyone's feelings. Its hard, because I am a very nice person and feel like I am always walked over and taken advantage of here. If I miss spell anything I get in huge trouble. He finds a small reason to get mad at me every single day. Example we needed to collect a check from one of our other offices and one of our employees was already running up there and I asked to see if the check was up there and if it was let me know and our accountant would get it. Five minutes later after he leaves the general manager leaves to run an errand. He was going to go pick up the check but didn't clue anyone in on it. So when he got up there the other employee was holding the check and the manager got PISSED!! furious screaming at him and then called me and even hung the phone up on me. We were trying to help out and we both got in major trouble. Then he comes back to the store and yells at me AGAIN I promise I understood him the first time. We also have another guy we work with who gets mad over everything I went around asking people what they needed for a costco run and got everything on my list. I came back the next day and he was so mad I forgot the spoons. He raised his voice and asked me if I can make sure to be more careful about restocking next time... He also put something in the computer wrong that I didn't catch... He texted me two huge paragraphs about what I did wrong. Came and told me again at my desk. Went to the general manager and told him loudly to make sure I could hear and then the general manager called me in and you know how that goes. I tried to be apologetic over a mistake that wasn't mine. They make sure to go above and beyond of letting me know I did something wrong, instead of teaching me how to do it better for the future.

Today I had a breaking point when this happened again and had to excuse myself to walk around and I just needed a good cry.

I recently received another job offer that pays exactly the same, but doesn't have benefits. I cover both benefits for my husband and I for this job. And I really like my boss. I am not sure If I should take the job because not having benefits is almost a deal breaker, but this has put so much stress on me. I am not sure what to do.

I think it depends on where you live, what the job market is like and what your financial situation is.

If you live in a country with socialized health care and your finances are pretty good... eh... I might take the other job. Worst case scenario, if you end up in hospital, you might have a less nice room or have to pay a bit more for drugs/dental work. If you live in the US, couldn't that mean the difference of thousands of dollars? Or potential bankruptcy? I don't think I'd take that risk.

Either way, unless you think you are on the verge of being fired or the job market is terrible where you are, I would vote for option 'C'. Stay where you are and actively look for another job. You can change jobs - but if the other one is not ideal, why not look for a 3rd one that is before you make the leap?

Archived