Anyone have some advice?

GuiltyDude3

My girlfriend and I have been dating for 6 months and we both decided to move in (also made sense financially). Anyways 2 weeks before we were going to move in together she tells me that she loves me a lot, but shes not in love with me anymore. She goes on to say that she wants to work on it and stay together... but not move in together anymore.

She says that its because I broke up with her about a month ago and she doesn't trust me. Anyways instead of being an adult... I said a bunch of things I regret and we haven't talked since then (2 days ago). I told her not to talk to me anymore and a bunch of other mean things.

Am I totally screwed for being so childish? Look forward to anyones perspective.. I know I was a real and I feel so **** about it.

Sounds like a bit of a rocky relationship. Apparently the break up left her with scars. I was never a fan of "I love you but I am not in love with you." Bunch of gibberish. If you think there is hope (she did say she wanted to work on it...) then apologize and try to rebuild the trust (if she is agreeable to this). It's possible she has checked out of the relationship, though. Good luck.

I can't really blame your girlfriend. This is an awful lot of stuff happening, and it's happening fast. You've been dating for six months and decided to move in together, and your reaction to work stress was to dump her. Also, six months sounds like the end of the honeymoon period; she could just be seeing the glow of your relationship fade (spurred on by your breakup) and realizing that the relationship isn't quite what she thought it would be.

Frankly, I don't blame your girlfriend for having cold feet about moving in together. Six months isn't a lot of time, and you've already proven to her that you're willing to break up with her over what seems to have been a non-issue. What if you move in together and then get stressed about work or something else, leading to you breaking things off? What would happen with her living situation or yours? She's watching out for the both of you by not going through with those plans right now.

My advice: give her a thorough apology and, if she's even amenable to it at this point, agree to slow things down a bit. Date her again, do the things you did to woo her in the first place. If she seems receptive, make a move forward again, just like when you were dating to begin with, and go from there.

I think your your girlfriend wants a boyfriend NOT a child to babysit! Sorry but it is extremely frustrating and also a pet peeve of mine that someone thinks it's okay to break up in the heat of the moment. I'm sorry to say, anyone with common courtesy will not just break up with someone just because they are having a bad day. I believe a break up should be thought through, and if there is a slightest chance you will regret it, don't do it. It's really not fair for the other person. It's also mentally and emotionally abusive to break up and not mean it, or say mean things to them.

Just take it as a lesson learnt for next time, don't say things you will regret because you are depress, or angry. Words hurt and they will scar.

Sorry to hear this, but 6 mos is way too much too soon no matter how 'financially convenient' it seemed to move in together. Whose idea was that?

Why did you break up a mo ago? Is the relationship unstable?

It may be best to end it given she said these things 3;6801393] shes not in love with me anymore. She goes on to say that she wants to work on it and stay together... but not move in together anymore..She says that its because I broke up with her about a month ago and she doesn't trust me.

Why would you break up with her over being depressed about work?? That doesn't make sense. Is there something about this you're not telling us?

If it really happened the way you said it did, then I don't blame her. Sounds like you might have some mental problems (being "depressed") and for me personally there are two serious sins when it comes to a relationship: cheating and breaking up with the person.

Give her some space. Definitely do not move in with her, you dodged a bullet there.

Archived