blinani

Thank you for taking the time on reading this. I know that I am very compulsive when it comes to dating and honestly the regret is horrible when I realized what I did. I feel like a complete fool, i believed in a guy who told me everything that I wanted to hear. I do not know if he is the match for me, we do get along. He paints and I am an artist too. He calls me beautiful all the time and likes to take pictures of me, yet I don't feel like he respects me as the way he should...should I go on with this? Should I wait for something to happen? He asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes, to which I still don't know why did I said it. Why am I that compulsive and random, I feel like I should give it more time.

I recently got a really bad breakup with my first boyfriend (it was a 3 years relationship), and since then I cannot seem to connect with anyone, could this be affecting this new relationship? Am I going too fast?

Hello, Blinani and welcome to the forum.

Could you please elaborate on what is transgressing that makes you concerned about being respected?

It's an imperative, of course, and I just want to understand so I can try to be of help.

Cheers.

yet I don't feel like he respects me as the way he should
None of us has any idea what this means.

I recently got a really bad breakup with my first boyfriend (it was a 3 years relationship), and since then I cannot seem to connect with anyone, could this be affecting this new relationship? Am I going too fast?
If you're defaulting to thinking about your previous breakup, then yes, you're moving too fast. Learn to be happy single before you start dating again.
Hello, Blinani and welcome to the forum.

Could you please elaborate on what is transgressing that makes you concerned about being respected?

It's an imperative, of course, and I just want to understand so I can try to be of help.

Cheers.

Well I feel very insecure about it. He moves too fast, he makes me do whatever he wants. I have the feeling that it's all a trick, he says he is crazy for me, but it has been only one week. I can't explain why, but it just does make me feel like I am not being respected.

Thanks for answering, Blinani.

Could you please provide examples of this behavior? Sorry, it sounds like I'm being a pedantic pain in the neck, here, but it's only that I want to understand before attempting to dole out advice.

However, I can say without qualm that I strongly recommend against any action that sees you ignoring your instinct and intuition.

You can almost always count on those tools over any external advice.

If a relationship is going too quickly then that does not mean it is out of your own control - you can take it back a notch by being preoccupied, and answering his texts less frequently just to pace the development of your relationship.

It doesn't always have to be him who calls the shots - you also have a say in how it goes. I can see that a part of you enjoys his passion and things you have in common. So you should enjoy it without overthinking it and just slow down the elements that are making you uncomfortable or wary.

Agree. A lot of red flags. It sounds like he wants to have sex so is on the fast track. Is he a player? What do you mean "he makes me do whatever he wants"? He can't make you do anything you don't want to.

WHe moves too fast, I have the feeling that it's all a trick, he says he is crazy for me, but it has been only one week. I can't explain why, but it just does make me feel like I am not being respected.
Well I feel very insecure about it. He moves too fast, he makes me do whatever he wants. I have the feeling that it's all a trick, he says he is crazy for me, but it has been only one week. I can't explain why, but it just does make me feel like I am not being respected.

Um yeah..one week is not enough time to be in love with someone.

Archived