Condom issues - help

Loveart

I'm on my phone so this will be brief right now...so I was with a new guy recently and the condom came off during sex To me it seemed too big (navy blue Trojan wrapper). Next time we tried it seemed to fall off at the end.

Any ideas? Do I buy different ones? Don't want to offend him but I don't feel safe like this.

Yes, but they seem too big to me. I don't know if it's a guy thing to buy bigger ones thinking they are or what?! I've never had this particular issue. Do I bring some different ones? How do I tell him or just say I'm not liking these condoms? I already told him I didn't like the taste of them and couldn't really do much in that area...lol

The only other time I had an issue was years ago with a guy where it must have been too small and got stuck inside

I've used condoms for the last decade for birth control. I have tried many. I've even tried them on haha. I always thought get the normal ones or smaller ones. I've had them slip off a couple times in the past. My last partner told me to try bigger ones I didn't understand it from an engineering perspective but I didn't argue. Well they were so much better never a slip up and they felt much better. Maybe it's like a woman buying the wrong bra size. Now if there loose that's a whole other problem put it on for him see what's up.

Yeah, I agree I don't want to say that. It is just what I think the problem is although I'm no expert...lol

I'll have to check Planned Parenthood. I didn't know they did that but it would help out the budget. You don't need an appt. for that I'm hoping? I already have a Dr. I like to see. Thanks!

Yeah, I agree I don't want to say that. It is just what I think the problem is although I'm no expert...lol

I'll have to check Planned Parenthood. I didn't know they did that but it would help out the budget. You don't need an appt. for that I'm hoping? I already have a Dr. I like to see. Thanks!

I am unsure if you have to make an appointment, but look up the local one to you and call them to ask! Most employees in there are thankful you are taking the time to be safe and will be happy to help. I went in there to get tested after my last partner and they couldn't believe that I do it before and after each partner. So, it definitely won't cost you anything to ask

This comes down to being willing to have sex with this guy but not so willing to talk about safe sex.

I agree you need to tell him you aren't comfortable using the same condoms as they have failed both times you had sex and that you would like him to try a different brand/type. If he knows there will be no more sex until he finds ones that work he will search high and low to get the right ones.

It isn't rocket science...

Lost

I wouldn't mess with the expiration date but I'm sure there's a safety factor built in. One thing of warning is don't keep condoms from previous relationships around. Years ago I was with a girl and found the gold pack Trojans in her night stand she said oh those r from my ex. Yeah that made me feel great. I even took one out and put it over a full roll of bounty towels. Yes it fit and I won the bet with her. Funny thing is, is those are the ones I use now after my most recent relationship.

So I brought some with me the last time. I said I wasn't crazy about the condoms he had. It seemed to stay on but not sure if there is another issue going on. Don't want to get too graphic on here...lol

Haven't heard from him since I brought them with me. Hoping it's just a coincidence and not because I did this. The joys of dating

I find it funny how people have sex but are embarrassed to actually talk about it. not all towards you Op , more of a general comment..

my gf has some issues with Birth C, so we had to use condoms, we tried a handful of different ones until we found one we both like.

we were straight forward and at the end of the day it made everything more enjoyable for both of us.

with issues like this I feel like people should just be straight forward and honest.

Thanks Lost. I still haven't heard from him so I hope I'm not jumping to the wrong conclusion. Like others have said if you can't talk about these things then you shouldn't be sleeping with the person. I feel like I was tactful and didn't mention the words too big in regards to not liking the condoms. Oh, well.

Archived