Nervous about seeing her again for this reason...

Hey there,

I'm 21 and my girlfriend who I've known for about a year and a half is coming to stay with me for a few weeks. I haven't seen her in a year . We've been together for 7 months and she lives in Oregon. I live in Maine.

We have a wonderful relationship despite the distance and we have an insane amount in common. She even brings up future plans for us moving in together sometimes and she brings up how she's never been this happy in a relationship before and she admires the person I am and loves me. I can completely trust her and it's great. I can honestly say she's the best thing that has happened to me. But here is the issue...

My hair is thinning on the crown in an area that's around 2.5-3 inches wide and an inch long. It's not balding by any means, but it is very noticeable unless my hair is styled. I'm very tall too so no one sees the top of my head much

She is not a shallow and she is a very understanding person but as she has not seen me in a year and we were not in a relationship at the time when she was here. she doesn't really know about my hair thinning as I don't look like I have any hair loss in the front. I know she'll be able to notice eventually as we will be living together for a month. I use treatments for it and they've been working, but it's a slow process. I'm not sure how to approach this at all. I'm extremely nervous about dealing with it. I don't want it to be ignored though as I want to know what she thinks so there are no surprises. Problem is she sometimes keeps things to herself that bother her, mainly with other people.

I've been constantly thinking about what if she decides to break up with me over it and finds it very unattractive. I may be overthinking it.

Girls, how would you feel if you were in her shoes? Any advice?

I really appreciate anything.

Don't be self conscious and it won't be an issue. She probably couldn't care less about this. Probably just general nerves about not having seen each other for a while. Once you see her and hit the sack this thought will vanish completely.

I'm a female, and honestly, this wouldn't bother me in the least. I've never dated/been in a relationship with a guy for his hair. For me it's his energy, his personality, his kindness, sense of humor, common interests. I do prefer someone in good shape, as I am also very fit. But hair? If it's well groomed, I have no preference if he has a lot, or a little, or even none!

If she truly cares about you, it won't matter. And it appears she truly does care. I'm with Wiseman2 - don't appear to be self-conscious. I bet you it will be a non-issue!

• 1 month later...

My LDR boyfriend has a bald spot way obvious than yours and he's very tall too.It didnt bother me ,but then again upon reading your post I feel so self=conscious about my height as Im just 5 ft he's like 6'3 .Im nervous as well when we would meet up but like the classic saying love is blind.Personality is more importnt if she loves you she'd overlook that.don't be nervous

Archived