I lost my beloved cat Jamie and I am devastated.

shelby6811

My baby, my Jamie face, passed away last Friday. He had a terrible disease and it took his life in two weeks. Two weeks of me desperately trying anything I could find to help him get well. Two weeks of hope and then he had a massive seizure and I had to have him put to sleep in my arms. I am devastated. He is my heart, the love of my life, my best friend, the bright place in my life. I keep looking for him at home, keep listening for his particular meow. I keep holding his sister, who misses him too.

I don't know if I can recover from this. My heart is broken.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

His sister needs you. Give all your love to her. She will thank you for being there for her. I am so sorry. I had cats and dogs as pets all my life and I know how you feel. Time will make it better I promise you. Maybe you can do something good. Distract yourself by helping other animals in need. Donate to a local organization who needs help, volunteer at the local pet shelter, help other kitties out and volunteer at adoption events. Things like that

P.S The license plate of my car has the name of my beloved cat on it in memory of her

I had a dog that grew up with me. He was a lab/setter mix. He looked like a less-shaggy sheepdog. He died when I was 16. It's been almost 10 years and I still think about him all the time. He comes to visit me in my dreams every once in awhile. It happens often enough that I think his spirit knows when I need some extra love. It's always a comfort to see him again.

Archived