Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 97 of 98 FirstFirst ... 9495969798 LastLast

Thread: " In a box not a bottle" Asperger's revealed

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Autism is Proof you can have language but not always understand:

My son in the vet office: I need cat food
    Staff: do you have a membership?
    Son: what? I just need cat food
    Staff: do your pets come here?
    Son: I just need cat food
    Staff: Would you like a membership?
    Son: Look, I just NEED cat food can I pay for it?
    Staff: can I get information first
    Son: CAT FOOD

child comes to the car with bag of cat food : that woman was Charlie Brownís teacher! Wha wha wha wha ( using echolalia to explain)
    Me: What?
    Son: I had no clue what the heck she was talking about I just wanted to cat food just give it to me. The rest is extraneous things I donít need to know. I donít even know what the heck she was babbling about.

Platinum Member
    Son: I had no clue what the heck she was talking about I just wanted to cat food just give it to me. The rest is extraneous things I donít need to know. I donít even know what the heck she was babbling about.
    Lol. This made me laugh. This is pretty much my response to everything these days. JUST GIVE ME THE STUFF.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Cheetarah
    Lol. This made me laugh. This is pretty much my response to everything these days. JUST GIVE ME THE STUFF.
    Right? Lol
    Heís just very single-minded and strains out extraneous stuff he has no need for .

For my sunshine boy

It was a really good documentary.

There is a woman who comes to our centre several times a week and she has a masters in OT and child development . And of course sheís helping people with their children and I describe my son and his certain body movements and she was explaining to me that itís probably his brain trying to work out his feeling of space in the world . How he understands how to orient his body. And how he understands where his body is.

She also explained to me the way that I crawled as an infant is responsible for all my problems of ergonomics now . She said as an infant all it wouldíve taken wouldíve been two weeks to correct that and I wouldíve had no problem with body ergonomics today but of course they didnít know that when I was a child .

Woohoo!!!!! I am going to see Dr Temple Grandin!

June 2 Micheal died of a grand mal seizure and drowning. He was just 20 years old.

Finally convinced my son to give the community living grant a try! I saw his former SERT at the pie Social and she told me about the community living grant how she couldnít get anybody to apply . Community Living has a grant for summer work for those who have barriers to employment from ages 18 to 29. So he is going to give this a try!
    Tomorrow morning Iím going with him to pick up the form!

Good luck!!!!!

Page 97 of 98 FirstFirst ... 9495969798 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice