I wish there was a quick and painless way of killing myself.

The only way I can think of doing it would be to use a gun, but I don't know how difficult it would be to get hold of one in the UK. I wish I lived in America.

Other than that, every other way I can think of is either painfull, slow, or there's a decent chance of it going wrong and you'll be * * * *ed up for the rest of your life.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ross. I have been following your threads. I know you've had some trouble with dating, etc. But what has brought these feelings of suicide on today?

If you feel this depressed, you need to get some help. Does your family know you have been feeling this way?

BellaDonna

I was wondering as well, what brought on these feelings. I know you are having some difficulties, self esteem , self confidence problems , etc.

I honestly hope that you sit down and try to think more clearly about such thoughts of suicide, and realize there is nothing worth taking your life over.

Nothing's particulary getting me down today, I suppose I feel okay. It'd just be nice for me to know there is an easy way out for when I need it.

There have been times where I've really wanted to kill myself.

As for the therapist, I'm on the list, it could take anything from a few months to a year before I see him.

Ross, in other threads you have mentioned your mother. Are you close with her? Maybe you can talk to her about this while you are waiting to see the therapist.

You're her son and I'm sure she cares about you and would want to know if you felt this depressed.

BellaDonna

Ross, in other threads you have mentioned your mother. Are you close with her? Maybe you can talk to her about this while you are waiting to see the therapist.

You're her son and I'm sure she cares about you and would want to know if you felt this depressed.

BellaDonna

I'm not actually feeling really depressed at the moment, or maybe I am without realising it. Anyway, me and my mum don't have any kind of a relationship whatsoever, I can't talk to her about anything, she doesn't really seem to understand anything I tell her.

WOW.

Don't they have any hotlines, emergency clinics etc.??

I mean what do they do for the person they talk off the ledge? Make him wait for a month before he gets help?!?

I dunno, I'm sure there'd be some sort of immediate help for someone who is really suicidal.

I know you've probably heard this one before, but it's true: There's never a good enough reason to end it all that way. Suicide is just a permanent solution people use to solve the most trivial problems... Not a good deal, I think. I, personally, would much rather go down fighting (fighting back whatever it is that keeps me down).

No doubt there are emergency lines and immediate services for people in dire urgent need.

If not your mom then as someone to talk to , do you have any other close family or friends that you can bounce your feelings off of ?

Not at all.

I wish there was a quick and painless way of killing myself.

The only way I can think of doing it would be to use a gun, but I don't know how difficult it would be to get hold of one in the UK. I wish I lived in America.

I'm not actually feeling really depressed at the moment

That sounds like depression to me. If you are looking for a way "out" of your life. You must be feeling quite down.

I know things haven't been easy regarding dating- but what else is going on that would lead you to feel the need to escape your life?

BellaDonna

I know you've probably heard this one before, but it's true: There's never a good enough reason to end it all that way. Suicide is just a permanent solution people use to solve the most trivial problems... Not a good deal, I think. I, personally, would much rather go down fighting (fighting back whatever it is that keeps me down).

What if your life is full of emotional pain and you know it'll never change?

How do you know it will never change.? You have got to get more positive thoughts going, and get your self image and self worth in check. You have the power to make things change.

As Stinkweed said,,, do not let this get you down, fight back and work toward making good things happen for youself.

That sounds like depression to me. If you are looking for a way "out" of your life. You must be feeling quite down.

I know things haven't been easy regarding dating- but what else is going on that would lead you to feel the need to escape your life?

BellaDonna

Well, there's the social anxiety which has always stopped me from having any kind of a life.

I think that's changing now, since the meds seem to be working, I've been thinking of doing a lot of things. I know that should mean that I shouldn't feel this way since now there's hope, but, I dunno, I just feel confused. It feels like there's a really decent chance that things still wont end up working out for me properly.

So you have been thinking of doing things to combat your social anxiety, now that you are feeling more confident. Have you tried putting those thoughts into action?

You might surprise yourself and do better than you expected. If you don't succeed, then you need to pick yourself right up again and change your strategy, and try again. But you won't know until you try.

BellaDonna

Ross,

I've been depressed suicidal and all sorts of messed up, and your posts up to now all show signs of depression. When I wrote that getting laid wasn't your real problem, that was what I meant.

You have problems that can be solved with help. Either friends, a doc or a counselor can get you out of the woods, but you have to take the steps to get things better.

I suspect this forum keeps you occupied, but you need more help than anyone here can provide.

Ross,

I've been depressed suicidal and all sorts of messed up, and your posts up to now all show signs of depression. When I wrote that getting laid wasn't your real problem, that was what I meant.

You have problems that can be solved with help. Either friends, a doc or a counselor can get you out of the woods, but you have to take the steps to get things better.

I suspect this forum keeps you occupied, but you need more help than anyone here can provide.

I completely agree with Dako on this. However, we are here to help as much as we can, But the need for professional counseling certainly seems in order here.

What if your life is full of emotional pain and you know it'll never change?

I think that unless you've lost your legs in war and that you've gone deaf and blind as well, you'd much rather be alive. You never know that it'll never change for sure. In fact, it's most likely gonna change. YOU can make it change by fighting back. Just back off a little bit, enjoy whatever it is that you enjoy, then repeat this to yourself inside your head "I control MY life". You're holding the remote now, and you can change your life whenever you want to. There is always a way. I remember I wanted to end it all once, and I look back, and I laugh, cause I know that even though at the moment I was doing very bad, not very long after, everything started going a lot better. Nothing was perfect, but that's alright. Check this out: link removed

Courtesy of member BlueWolf (it's on his signature). It made my day once I read it. Whatever it is that is keeping you down, I'm sure it's not the end of the world. I'm just trying to help you here, and I hope you take all these good people's advice. Best wishes.