How do you feel after bumping to an ex?

Bumped into my ex on the train platform this morning. Break up is relatively fresh (about two weeks). We were walking towards each other. God, that feeling I had was strange. I got this twang. I was unsure of how to act, look at him, what to do. I was so surprisingly nervous and startled. Why did I feel that way when a couple of weeks ago we were just close and comfortable and talking was easy. We even ended on amicable terms. It got awkward for a moment so I just blurted out news on a recent deal i got at work, and he got really happy and congratulated me. We were taking different trains. But an hour later he emailed me to congratulate me again and wrote a whole load of stuff about what great news it is, so enthused.

I just wrote back saying "Thank you But that's it. I just couldn't bring myself to write anything more. I feel a bit frustrated and sad. I always fantasize about bumping into him but in reality when it happened the feeling i had was so strange and disconnected. I can't quite place it.

It depends on how much time has gone by. At first it sucks, but as time goes by you get to the point where you just don't care.

I see my ex once in a while on the street and we just pass each other by. It doesn't affect me at all. She's a part of my past and thats where she will stay

I have had to bump into my ex for years now and it sucks. It sucked more when it was fresh... It was awkward, uncomfortable, and you didn't know what info to share/not share because you wanted to go NC but didn't want to come off as being so affected. Now it's different, but still very awkward, and I think it always will be as long as we live in the same town.., I've had to see him and his gf, then see an engagement ring on her finger, and deal with that... It's tough, and I don't wish it upon anyone...

You have to figure out how to make it ok when you run into each other, because it may happen again

Archived