Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Holding hands while having sex - What does it mean?

Hi there guys,

I had the most amazing night with someone the other night, except he did something which I did not expect and I don't know what it means. I'm probably reading into this WAYYY too much.

While we were having sex, he put my right hand above my head, and intertwined his fingers in mine.

I've known this guy for a few years, but we have never shown an interest in each other, but lately he has been wanting to catch up for sexy time..

What does this hand holding business mean?

It could mean anything from him thinking it is intimate, or him feeling like he was restraining you.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you're sleeping with this guy just ask friends, but you want more. If that's the case, then you need to talk to him about it instead of analyzing all the things that he does.
    "Forgiveness is unlocking the door to set someone free and realizing you were the prisoner." ~Max Lucado

Quote Originally Posted by greywolf View Post
    It could mean anything from him thinking it is intimate, or him feeling like he was restraining you.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you're sleeping with this guy just ask friends, but you want more. If that's the case, then you need to talk to him about it instead of analyzing all the things that he does.
    I'm fine with it not being more I came out of a long relationship half a year ago, so I wouldn't mind casually seeing someone with no feelings attached I don't know how to bring up what happened though, I don't know what to say to him :\

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amabel196 View Post
    I don't know how to bring up what happened though, I don't know what to say to him :\
    I guess I am not getting why you would feel the need to bring this up. I honestly don't think it's a big deal, or "means" anything.

Quote Originally Posted by amabel196 View Post
    I'm fine with it not being more I came out of a long relationship half a year ago, so I wouldn't mind casually seeing someone with no feelings attached I don't know how to bring up what happened though, I don't know what to say to him :\
    In that case, I don't see why you'd need to bring it up.
    "Forgiveness is unlocking the door to set someone free and realizing you were the prisoner." ~Max Lucado

Quote Originally Posted by greywolf View Post
    In that case, I don't see why you'd need to bring it up.
    Normally I wouldn't bring this up, but we've been friends for a few years so it kind of changes things I think, I don't know

hmm I dont really find just the act of him doing that all that "meaningful" but I believe you when you say that you sense a change.

Talk to him about it. The only way to know what a man is thinking (or anyone) is to ask.

He sounds like an intimate when it comes to sex.

I wouldn't read into it as something more.

It's always something I do when having sex at one time or another during the the session.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the World will know peace -Sri Chinmoy Ghose

Quote Originally Posted by In the Dark View Post
    He sounds like an intimate when it comes to sex.

I wouldn't read into it as something more.

It's always something I do when having sex at one time or another during the the session.
    Hehe

Well In the Dark, as you know I've been having a rough time getting over the ex, and I've definately made some progress since this last person I spent the night with. I don't want a relationship with him, but I wouldn't mind seeing him again casually. I don't want to come across as desperate asking to see him again, so I don't know what to say to him :\

There are so many women who enter into casual FWB relationships, claim they don't want a relationship and just want casual sex, but then come on this forum with the same kind of question "the guy did X during sex and it seemed so intimate and caring and I wonder if it means something". More often than not women are kidding themselves when they say they don't want something more than casual sex, if they really didn't want something more then they wouldn't be over-analyzing things that happen during the sex act or a few hours prior to having sex.

What you need to keep in mind is that in order to keep a casual sex partner, men will often pretend to be a little more tender. Also, some men just like the physical closeness as a sense of comfort...the person they are having sex with could be anybody and it is just an instinctual reaction to feel a bit closer to a warm body. If he really wanted something more than just sex, he would ask to be in a relationship with you. So I wouldn't read anything into this unless he actually asks you to be in a relationship with him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
One of the biggest causes of stress and unhappiness in life are failed relationships. Making a relationship work is one of the most important life ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It has been universally acknowledged that having a long distance relationship is not such a good idea, especially if there is no known end-date to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Some people say that when we deeply love or care about someone we automatically open the door to betrayal. I am not sure whether such statement holds ...