I feel like Im just his wench...

EvaGina

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanted to say you have my sympathies on how frustrating it is to feel unappreciated, and feel that you always have to be the initiator. I have always felt this way (its not always bad) with most of my friends and gf.

I think the light NC idea is a good one -- not being too punitive or passive aggressive, but still starting to distance yourself.

I also wanted to ask you. Exactly what would he need to do to redeem himself? From what you said earlier, it kind of sounds like he can, and (not to be too negative, just to be realistic) things will improve for a while and then fall back to normal.

I just wanted to say you have my sympathies on how frustrating it is to feel unappreciated, and feel that you always have to be the initiator. I have always felt this way (its not always bad) with most of my friends and gf.

I think the light NC idea is a good one -- not being too punitive or passive aggressive, but still starting to distance yourself.

I also wanted to ask you. Exactly what would he need to do to redeem himself? From what you said earlier, it kind of sounds like he can, and (not to be too negative, just to be realistic) things will improve for a while and then fall back to normal.

I talked to him last night, it was really easy

I turned up and he had a whiskey, I said I wanted to talk about it, he sat down, I re-stated the "rules" we came up with earlier, and said how last time it started with just one evening drink... he thought about it for a minute and completely agreed.

Its a very common thing for someone who is breaking an addiction to feel empowered after only a week or two, and start old habits again, thinking they can control them...

Just remember Sis..don't bully, coerce! Simple, gentle talks are always the best way to go with most men, we hate the feeling of being bullied into doing something!

Just like you did, a gentle reminder at just the right moment can work wonders.

Just remember Sis..don't bully, coerce! Simple, gentle talks are always the best way to go with most men, we hate the feeling of being bullied into doing something!

Just like you did, a gentle reminder at just the right moment can work wonders.

I know, I admitted I had been bad too, and I said if he wanted to "re-negotiate" then we were fine to talk about it and figure something out... he said no, he WANTS to do what we originally planned...

I dont bully, I have before and I know its useless... I am honest "this is what I want, will you give it to me, or compramise? if not, then this is what I will do, its your choice, I wont be mean or anything"...

Archived