Was she flirting with me?

Salucious

Leave it to me to realize only hours after this happened that this girl may have been flirting with me. I was in a class, working on a group thing with 3 girls. One of them started sort of teasing me, I was doing a lot of the work for the group cause two of them were gabbing a lot; but I was trying to make the experiment work and she keeps making comments to get my attention. She made comments that I was doing good, then she started taking wires and touching them to my hands (the experiment was with electricity). And then when we took a break for the rest of the class to catch up they went to get coffee (I didn't invite myself I thought that might be awkward) and before they left the girl puts her hand on my shoulder and said not to worry that they would come back.

Am I looking for things that aren't there? Plus I look her up on facebook and she has a boyfriend, which made me lean towards the idea she was just being friendly. It's just that girls almost never act that comfortable around me, and especially don't touch me when talking.

Leave it to me to realize only hours after this happened that this girl may have been flirting with me. I was in a class, working on a group thing with 3 girls. One of them started sort of teasing me, I was doing a lot of the work for the group cause two of them were gabbing a lot; but I was trying to make the experiment work and she keeps making comments to get my attention. She made comments that I was doing good, then she started taking wires and touching them to my hands (the experiment was with electricity). And then when we took a break for the rest of the class to catch up they went to get coffee (I didn't invite myself I thought that might be awkward) and before they left the girl puts her hand on my shoulder and said not to worry that they would come back.

Am I looking for things that aren't there? Plus I look her up on facebook and she has a boyfriend, which made me lean towards the idea she was just being friendly. It's just that girls almost never act that comfortable around me, and especially don't touch me when talking.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I think it is still too early to tell but she did seem to give you some possible signs of interest.For the moment consider her a ''prospect''.

I won't see her again until next week, but if she was flirting, then should I still try and flirt back and get her number (even though she has a bunch of pictures of her and her boyfriend online)? I didn't think I was crazy, because girls don't often flirt with me out of the blue. It is kind of an ego boost

Salucious, the sad truth is that just because a girl is giving you all the right signs it doesn't mean she wants to date you or is even attracted to you. If she can make your head swirl it will confirm to her that she is still desirable. As you called it, it is an ego-boost, but primarily for her.

Tell her that you like her and ask her out. If she is just teasing you she'll have to tell you the truth. It's better to be shot down right then and there than to go on fantasizing about her when there's no future there.

Seriously, the best thing to do is to find out if she's interested in you by asking her out. That way you'll know the truth, even if its painful. It's better than wasting your time worrying. That way you'll also find out if she's in a serious relationship with the dude that you mentioned or if he's just a gbf.

It can be cruel, but sometimes when a person feels that there is no way that it could work out between them and another person they flurt. I don't know why, but I think that you may be seen as the type that doesn't want a girlfriend, so she feels comfortable flurting with you in a sort of sarcastic way.

It can be cruel, but sometimes when a person feels that there is no way that it could work out between them and another person they flurt. I don't know why, but I think that you may be seen as the type that doesn't want a girlfriend, so she feels comfortable flurting with you in a sort of sarcastic way.

How would she think I wasn't looking for a girlfriend? This only happened the one day, though I haven't seen her since then. I'm still curious as to why she was acting like that. I'm beginning to think she was just acting silly/bored and I'm reading too much into it. I'm just not used to girls being that friendly with me. Usually they are stand-offish.

Archived