I like being single I can makeout with who ever I want too...

Hey Jay - I see the benefits of both, really. There surely are benefits of being single. There's a different kind of freedom. I'm married but I'm still free.

I do think you should be careful with your new found freedom tho - don't do anything too crazy that you MAY someday regret....

I went through a stage like that - more than once - where it was fun to kiss a lot of boys, go on dates with whoever, just "have fun." The last time was probably about 13 years ago and I don't miss it. It's fun for awhile and then it feels kinda empty. It also put me in two near-rape/assault situations - that sure wasn't fun. To me it's more fun to laugh with my boyfriend who "gets me" and to flirt with him and have him flirt back - far better than the "thrill" of attention from someone new who I probably will never see again. That gets old, fast.

Ah yes, I too had a controlling ex...and yeah...at first it's fun to do whatever you want. But soon it catches up with you. There is a difference between control and self-control. I met someone I ADORE...now I am gettin' used to being completely accountable again. I hope, like awdree that we will be married but still able to do what we want. No one enjoys being controlled. It's about respect, self-respect...but heck yeah...have fun ! And as long as you aren't hurting anyone...it's okay to watch your ex eat crow.

Jayceeria....

I say this with hesitation because I don't want to make you feel judged. I do hope that you will step back and re-evaluate what you want out of life, relationships, etc.

I've followed many of your other threads. Your need for attention and history with doing whatever it takes to get it worries me. Your feelings of being wanted only for sex combined with your desire to do whatever you want (make out with whomever you want) is bothersome.

Just remember that - The way you carry yourself can determine how others will treat you.

Love yourself, carry yourself with pride, dignity, and respect for yourself. Find other hobbies. And in the long run, you will find that person that you are longing for. The one who loves you for you and will treat you as you want/need to be treated.

I agree.... its ok to have fun, hang around friends, enjoy nights out BUT be careful... You could look back in years to come and live to regret the silly things you did.

It amazes me when people my age brag about the number of men they have slept with... I kind of look at them in shock and often wonder if I have ever lived a life..... I'm proud with the fact that I have only been intimate with 3 men in my life... and I'm almost 41yrs... What's there to brag about being a booty call anyway?

Nope, its not a bad thing being single. Its true you are independent and can do whatever you fancy. However, you may not like it for the long-run, it depends on your personality... many people want the emotional attachment and deep commitment that come with a long-term relationship... however, if it feels good now, go for it girlfriend! Whoo-hoo!

I am independent and can do whatever I fancy other than I have promised my exclusive boyfriend - and he has promised me - only to date each other. We don't desire to date other people so that promise is easy to keep and certainly not any restriction on "freedom." He has the same independence. I don't understand why people presume relationships mean restrictions on independence.

I feel that depending upon the person...yeah, in a relationship there IS a restriction on your freedom. It might not be right...but it's there. I feel I must check in with my fiance'....guess that is an issue we have to work out. I think when someone is insecure they put said restrictions on others. Which usually works to drive the other person further away. I know last night when I went out with my friend I missed my fiance...until I found out he was disappointed that I stayed out a few hours longer than planned. Then I did not miss him so much, I felt like he was my parent. UGh.

I love the checking in thing - doesn't feel restrictive at all - it's lovely to know he cares about whether I got home safely and wants to hear all the little stories from my evening. Sometimes he asks me to check in to make sure I got home safely but typically I check in so that I can tell him about the evening.

oooooooo nice one Dako

I am glad you are single because I think it will be good for you. Like I'm That Girl, I have been following your posts. I don't want to be mean, but it really does sound like you have a strong need for sexual attention. As long as you can admit this and be aware and careful, you shouldn't have a problem.

Just remember that nobody remembers you for how you look. When people talk about you, do you want to be remembered as that girl that "had great * * * *", "is wild in the bar", or "is a really cool chick" or "has an awesome personality". If you are remembered by the latter two, people will still think you're beautiful. They just won't have to say it because they will have better things to say about you.

Its your decision how you want to portray yourself.

But again, I AM glad that you are single for a while and hopefully you can find yourself on a level that you haven't seen yet.