Sleeping in the same bed at start of relationship

How many people spend a couple of weeks of sleeping in the same bed without sex, just cuddling and kissing and talking? how long did this period last for(naturally depends on the speed of progression of physical aspect of relationships)?

Oh yeah, holding someone close in bed like they were the most special person on earth, waking up in their arms to soft passionate kisses, talking intimately in this situation, and sharing the mutual excitement of the moment and future possibility is like the nectar of the gods. Highly recommended...

Even better without clothes...but the only real challenge here is being on the same page with what's going on, the expectations of such a situation in not getting too carried away and going too far too soon...because it can be very tempting to do so. Some self-control, some restraint may help save a little for next time and make an almost interestingly and teasingly slow progression that eventually leads to even more amazing places...

I had two long term relationships-- one that ended 3 years ago and one that I am still happily in (one year now). In the first I was a virgin, and we started to sleep together (SLEEP not SEX lol) after a week or so, with clothes on because I was so nervous... we spent the whole night listening to Ravel's Daphnis et Cloé, it was one of the most romantic nights in my life. Sexual things came only after 7 months, real sex after a year.

Things went faster with my current man, we spent the first nights cuddling, but proceeded to some heated fooling around soon enough lol. I still like the actual sleeping/cuddling even more than sex. Well. Not really, but without the cuddling, waking up together, just feeling his sleeping body against mine, the actual sex would just mean less I think

Arwen

From the time I started dating my girlfriend (over 1.5 years ago), I can count the number of times that we HAVENT slept in the same bed together on two hands. Nothing beats the feeling falling asleep and waking up next to your loved one.

When I was dating my ex, the first few times we stayed over at each other's places, we slept in the same bed. I was afraid to have sex right away because I didnt want to get into the situation where a guy only wanted me for sex. We did some cuddling and messing around and it was great. Just to wake up with someone next to me in bed was heavenly.

I miss that.

• 2 weeks later...
I like it for the long talks. some of the best talks can be in those moments before falling asleep when you are totally open. for me this connection can be even better than sex (and i really like sex)

I agree! I love sex, but when my boyfriend is out of town I miss the closeness of the other person in bed. I miss rolling over ans snuggling in. I love the nights when we just lie there and talk. Very affectionate and very comfortable.

i think 'being on the same page' as someone said is vital.

I appreciate the cuddling etc. but when a woman lies next to me in bed and I get turned on and don't get 'a release' so to speak, I wind up with an ache in my nether regions all the next day. I think this is because, my body is preparing for sex and producing all the juices etc, but they never get released, so to put it in engineering terms, there is a 'build up of pressure' down there. Do any other guys experience this or should I see a doctor?

PS I am in a steady relationship at the moment so this is more historical than anything else, but I thought it was relevant. I too love cuddling and sharing intimacy and talking all night. Please don't let me interrupt the flow if no one else experienced this!

Mmmm, I know this. If you're talking about blue balls I'm fairly sure that is actually a recognised medical condition (not a life-threatening serious one Agreed though, as nice as it is to spend time sleeping with someone and getting closer to them (I love it as well) the lack of release does make me sore on the drive home the next morning, and often for some hours after that.

Mmmm, I know this. If you're talking about blue balls I'm fairly sure that is actually a recognised medical condition (not a life-threatening serious one Agreed though, as nice as it is to spend time sleeping with someone and getting closer to them (I love it as well) the lack of release does make me sore on the drive home the next morning, and often for some hours after that.

No its not blue balls, but thanks for confirming I am not alone. I just hope the girls appreciate the pain we go through for the intimacy