HELP. the ex emailed me.. advice urgently needed

its tuesday morning 9am, just turned my computer on to find an email from my ex sitting there... he must be in work early.

it sais...

"In a way i think this email isn't the greatest of ideas but if i feel the need 2 jus say hi then i bloody well will so Hi.

Hope ur ok. not in any way that i want 2 try again but i have been thinkin and missin us l8ly. Jus what i expected. wateva ur feelin now u aint been alone with it. xx "

SO WHAT NOW??? SHALL I REPLY OR IGNORE.

not in any way that i want 2 try again

If you are ready to open up the lines of communication and just be his friend, then reply. If you want him back and know that staying in touch with him will hurt you - then either ignore the email, or reply telling him that you can't keep in touch.

The above statement of his that I quoted explicitly states that he doesn't want to try again - most people aren't that direct and alot of the time leave things open for interpretation by the reader. He hasn't done that though - you know exactly what he is thinking.

Are you ready for 'just' friendship with him?

i was thinking of ignoring totaly to be honest.... all i have done for months and months is go running to him and been puppy dog pleading and begging him for attention and affection.

i wanna do soemthing different for once and shock him.

in fact .. the email is jsut the fuel i needed to keep strong

i do want to be friends with him eventually (if i dont hate him by that time lol) but at this stage,, i still miss him and still would get back together with him

i didnt reply... i was out all day away from my pc so didnt have the temptation there

i think he has a bit of a cheek actually.... last time we spoke (thursday last week) .. he was quite harsh with me and told me "your so deluded its untrue" plus wsa just saying things liek "for christs sake just leave me alone"

so when i do what he asks and leave him alone for a few days... then he mails me... telling me he dont want me but he misses me.

what was he hoping for??? do u think that he dont want me but he's not 100% happy with the idea of me moving on and not chasing him any more

Yes it definetly sounds like ignoring it was a good idea given the way he spoke to you last week. Move on with your life. You don't need to worry about his petty little needy cries for attention and conflict. You will laugh this off one day at how silly it really is.

Hmmmmmm..I say ignore it...BUT on the other hand I know I personally would have the temptation to email him back...with something sarcastic.... like

'what a coincidence, I don't want you back either." PS...I'm doing FABULOUS.

LOL. I'd have the same temptation. Ignoring it is probably better though because that will send the same message without the effort. I think as fun as it would be sending such a message actually convey's the opposite: "I still think you're worth responding to."

grrrrr that stupid email has made me start thinking about him now ... im having a bad day today actually.

was feelign so much better last few days and wasnt feeling much pain at all but for some reason today i jsut keep thinking about the good times and feeling i want him back. keep thinkin of the fact he sais he's missing "us" n wonder if that feeling will grow in him

though im still sticking with the NC.. theres no way im gonna break it this time after 5 days and jsut be the same old person that he knows 2 well