I was doing great after 7 weeks of NC, but of course that all had to end. I just got an email a few days ago from my ex's new boyfriend... It looks like things worked out between her and this guy (who she cheated on me with), and they're going to be renting a place directly accross the street from me in a couple weeks. This wouldn't really bother me, except for the fact that this girl has a restraining order against me and as stupid as it sounds, I'm probably going to be the one that has to leave. The restraining order thing is an embarrassing story... Basically it was an isolated incident where I went into her place, (the place we once shared), and took back my laptop that she was refusing to give me back after the breakup. She blew it out of proportion, but I got screwed by it in the end. Anyways, bull * * * *, right?

Oh bro...what an unbelievably disastrous and painful situation. I am so sorry to hear things worked out like this.

You got an email from her boyfriend? She couldn't tell you herself? I guess not, just like she couldn't let you go before pursuing something with this other guy. You're better off without her...

In this case, I think it best in terms of your peace of mind (and legality of this?) that you do find a new place to live. It is inconvenient and may seem cowardly but in this specific case it sounds necessary.

And for what it's worth, you say things with her and this guy "worked out". You seem to believe in the finality of the outcome of that. They are "working out" currently but I am pretty sure Karma's street justice is going to run a train on her I can tell you that my friend. You might not see it, might not know about, but I believe it is coming. That's what I've seen happen.

Uppercut,

If the restraining order is still in effect when she moves in accross from you, that is a violation on HER part.

Discuss it with the officer who served you/handled the case. Have a copy of the restraining order on hand.

She can't push you out of your residence. Assuming that is legally where you are supposed to be.

If you choose to leave, that is fine. But this is bs to believe that she is within her legal rights to shove you out.

Uppercut,

If the restraining order is still in effect when she moves in accross from you, that is a violation on HER part.

Discuss it with the officer who served you/handled the case. Have a copy of the restraining order on hand.

She can't push you out of your residence. Assuming that is legally where you are supposed to be.

If you choose to leave, that is fine. But this is bs to believe that she is within her legal rights to shove you out.

I totally agree on this... I may not know all the legal rights in your country but I am pretty sure the restraining order on you doesn't leave you no right to live and stay where you are now...

You still have rights... laws and rights are suppose to justify equality... So I am pretty sure she can't follow you anywhere to drive you away because of the restraining order...

Seek legal advice man... though this may not be her intentions... but she also cannot choose to live somewhere within the restricted range if you are already living on that area or within that restricted range from her...

I would definitely check out the "moving in accross the street" thing. If you get the facts on the laws, I'm sure she can't force you to move if you were there first. Isn't it kind of dumb for her to move that close after filing a restraining order?

That doesn't exactly scream,"I'm terrified of this guy!"

I'll bet she has no good reason for that order. Otherwise she would be in another town. Chances are a judge will see it the same way.