Considering breaking off the engagement

I completely understand your sadness about losing, in a sense, your relationship with her daughter. But perhaps this will all serve as a well-deserved lesson for her mother, and maybe even have her take stock of what kind of person she is right now. And hopefully, make the right changes.

But if you stay with her, she'll have absolutely no incentive to do this. Plus, it's going to take a loooooong time, if ever, for this woman to see the error of her ways.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry that this had to end in a painful way for you, but in the long run I think you will be much better off from having broken up with her.

I'm sure someday you will find a girl who will really appreciate the ring you give her and wear it with love and pride regardless of what it looks like.

• 2 weeks later...

Tom,

I usually vote for staying together, working things out, talking.... but dude, this is just wrong.

If it was me, I'd say to her "ok, I'll take the ring I gave you back and get you a better one" Then once you get your ring back, keep it, or return it to the store, don't give it back to her.

She doesn't deserve it or want it!

Sorry but that's how I feel about those actions.