How honest are you?

ok this might sound dumb but I really have alot of problems when it comes to guys. and one day I asked a friend what is it that i do wrong, she said that I'm way to honest. i believe in telling my bf everything no matter how bad it is........ am I doing the wrong thing? should certain things be kept secret?

Too honest?

I guess it depends on what kinds of things you tell him. I could see getting a little scared off by hearing everything about anything.

For example, you don't need to tell him about every time you might have flirted with a guy in your past. It just doesn't matter. You also don't need to tell him about all of your crushes.

It's one thing if he asks and wants to know, but those aren't things that you need to tell him.

I think telling everyone everything is not necessarily being "too honest." If he asks, whoever he is, do not lie to him. Tell him something true.

However, being a bit vague may help. A person being a bit mysteriuous can make them more attractive. Also, if we tell everyone all our thoughts and feelings, all the time we are acting like they want to or should want to know. When we tell, we are asking them in a sense to think how we feel and think is what we need to be talking about. Should you be the center of all conversation?

I think you can be too honest.

example:

There is a guy in town that likes me, and I used to like him, I am planning on spending time with him as I have no friends here and I dont want to crowd my bf... but Im not going to tell him I used to crush on this guy as I know Im not going to cheat and although my bf would say he didnt mind, I wouldnt want to stress him out.

There is no win side to telling him... its not better for either of us... so why do it?

I'm really wondering what types of things you tell your boyfriends about?

I think you can be too honest about your past. If a guy asks, then of course, be honest.

If your boyfriend asks, "are you are virgin?" You can either reply with yes or no, but you don't have to say "no, I've been with 3 different guys" and then go into more details. If he wants to know how many guys, then he will ask. If he wants other details, he will ask for them.

Of course, while you are with him you should always be honest. If you feel you need to hide something, then obviously that's not a good sign.

But if you are saying, "Today I flirted with this one guy at work.." Then doye, no wonder you are scaring these guys off..