Asking Girls for a Date

CharlesF

I realize that it is usually the guys responsibility to ask out a girl for a date. My question is this. Sometimes, I will meet a girl for a brief time and don't know what to do. For example, I went to a local bookstore to conduct some business and ended up talking to this girl who was my age, very attractive, single, and nice. The problem is that I was only there to drop off a form and didn't have much time. I would maybe like to ask her out, but I feel like I need to talk to her and get to know her first.

Would it be appropriate to ask someone out after just one minute of conversation? Any advice?

might be easier to give her your email instead

Yeah, this is great advice - if you never want to hear from her again. Women will not make the first move, you have to.

Just say "We should get together some time" and hand her your cell phone. Tell her to put her number in your phone. If she objects in any way, just tell her "don't worry about it" to whatever she says and motion to put her number in again. If she refuses, just take your phone back, leave, and forget her.

If she does put her number in your phone, call it immediately afterwards (in her presense), so that A) she'll have YOUR number, and B) you'll know whether she put her real number in or not. If it's fake, delete it and forget her.

It can be done, but very carefully. Personally, I'm too shy and would probably come accross as an awkward idiot if I tried. So I'll be as friendly as possible, then slip a note with my phone number under their book when they're not looking. That's probably even more creepy, but it actually tends to work.

If you're not into childish games like me, then you can still do it but you have to be funny and confident. That's the only way it will work. Don't ask for her phone number. Instead, strike up conversation and try to bend the conversation in such a way that a date comes up. Like if she's reading a book about China, you could ask her if she likes Chinese food and then say you know a great Chinese restaurant and ask if she'd like to tag along one day. Once you've established the date, get her number.

You could also ask if she has time to grab a coffee on the spot. Say, "if you're not too busy, would you let me buy you a coffee at the starbucks around the corner?" If she says she doesn't have time, ask if you could buy her a coffee some time this weekend instead. If she says no, save your dignity by saying something like, "that's ok. no pressure. I had to ask." Give her a sexy smile and walk away.

Those approaches are less creepy than just saying, "by the way, could I have your number?" after a minute of conversation.

How would you ask for said number or e-mail?

I mean, it's hard enough to tell if they're interested or not, but I just hate feeling like a creep or something.

You'll be surprised how easy it is to get an email from a woman. Just try it. There's nothing creepy about asking for an email.

Interesting idea about slipping your name and number inside her book when she isn't looking.I know that isn't the ideal way to go about it but many of us don't have the social confidence or skills to smoothly ask some women out.I saw a woman yesterday at the mall who I have seen around ,I wanted to approach her but kept chickening out.I was going to write on a piece of paper my email address and walk past her and say ,''exuse me you dropped this'' ..Again I know that is hardly the way to go about it but if it can get the ball rolling it is worth a try.

It's not hard to get an email from a woman but it doesn't imply anything.I think getting a phone number immediately tells her that you are romantically interested in her ,so if you don't get the number from her you can just move on.

Thats where you're wrong mate. Yes, getting an email is easy. The good thing about it is that you are bound to meet less resistance from the girl. When you write her, you have more time to think than if you were on the phone. Hence your chances of screwing things up will be less. Its much harder to explain who you are over the phone to a girl who has given you a number if she gets hit on typically twenty times a day. If you take the email route, you will set yourself apart from the bunch of s*ckers who would have approached her that day.

I realize that it is usually the guys responsibility to ask out a girl for a date. My question is this. Sometimes, I will meet a girl for a brief time and don't know what to do. For example, I went to a local bookstore to conduct some business and ended up talking to this girl who was my age, very attractive, single, and nice. The problem is that I was only there to drop off a form and didn't have much time. I would maybe like to ask her out, but I feel like I need to talk to her and get to know her first.

Would it be appropriate to ask someone out after just one minute of conversation? Any advice?

Talk to her briefly, joke with her, tell her she was fun talking to and ask for her number.