question about nice words..

If i tell a girl somethin like "be careful out their sweetie", will she take it as if i like her. I say it too her sometimes "sweetie". But im wondering if its too direct a word. I do like her, but i think she just wants to be friends, also because we live far apart.. I do like to flirt with her tho.

wondering what other words are out there

I think it depends entirely on your history and context - everyone has a different individual meaning.

For example, one of my best friends always greets me with "hi/hey/hello sexy". He doesn't say this to most people/girls, but we've been friends for...6+ years, ex-boyfriend and girlfriend, I love him and think of him as a brother.

yet, I am faithful in a 1yr + relationship...so it just depends.

i usually say *girl*hottie*cutie*. those work well. i think sweetie makes you sound like and old, dirty man in a retirement home or something. or a creepy bus driver. lol. it really depends on how comfortable you are with this girl. if you don't know each other well, you may just want to stick with her name.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

If i tell a girl somethin like "be careful out their sweetie", will she take it as if i like her. I say it too her sometimes "sweetie". But im wondering if its too direct a word. I do like her, but i think she just wants to be friends, also because we live far apart.. I do like to flirt with her tho.

wondering what other words are out there

I would be careful depending on how well you know the person and whether she likes those "cutesie" terms - I don't like being called "honey" by a man or woman who doesn't know me well unless they are over 80. I would just use her first name -which is flattering enough.

"Girl" I find offensive and the same with "hottie" or "cutie" with someone I am not in a relationship with or have dated several times.

Come up with an original nickname. I call my bf "pumpkin" cuz I just like the way it sounds. He calls me "lil mama".

Alot of people also call me "c" because it's the first letter of my name.

(That's right - my name isn't really amber!) You could just call her by her first initial. It's personal, cute and not creepy. It can't be misinterpretted.

yeah, i agree with batya. don't use honey. some women have called me that and all i was doing was ordering food and they were the cashier. i feel like we are dating or something. it just seems too personal of a 'name'.

.......................................................................................................................................................................................

It all depends really.

If you were calling her sweetie from the beginning of the relationship/friendship, then it will be concieved as that just the way you are.

If you calling her sweetie during the friendship...Then Yes, that would be a show of sudden interest.

More importantly. Realize that calling her cute, or beautiful, or Sexy IS NOT FLIRTING. Flirting is a sublevel of interaction that goes beyond words. Its about implications. It's playful banter. Its teasing.

Example:

You: "Did you just try to grab my @ss"

Her: "No, I think you were trying to grab MY @ss"

You: "You wish. If I was trying to grab your @ss you'd know it!"

Then you grab her @ss and she screams

You: "See? Don't get too close if you don't want that happening again."

It's like the banter that you have with your guy pals where you guys are talking about nothing really, but you are all having a good time bantering on, playfully teasing one another. Similiar idea. Except less crude and aggresive.

Calling her Cute and Beautiful and etc etc. is just you showing your interest. That's all. And Showing interest is not Flirting. Hope that helps.

better be someone you joke with if it is the same sex. if it opposite sex, you better know them pretty well too.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................