asking her out online when i see her 5 times a day

I want to ask her out, but I have so much trouble dealing with face to face interaction when it comes to asking someone out that I asked for her email. I see her 5 times a day and when we talk, we do connect. I do know that I make her laugh. But we don't really get a chance to talk. We always manage to sit a few desks apart and we don't leave the classroom at the same time. We don't really have time to talk, except for a few minutes a day with the class filled with other people. It makes sense that I can't ask her out, right? There's no opportunity for me to ask her privately.

So would it be okay if I sent her an email to ask her out on a date? And if I do ask her in an email, how should I ask her? Should I make the message long, should I mention why I didn't ask her in person, or should I send a few short emails first.

Hmmm i wouldn't ask her out in an email, but thats just me personally.

I would prefer to be asked out in person. I suppose you could exchange a few friendly, flirty emails first though, to test the waters? see what sort of response you get from her.

When i was that age, i didnt have a computer, but if i did, i would have probably shown the email to all my friends (us girls are like that!) so bear that in mind if you do decide to do it via an email.

And if I do ask her in an email, how should I ask her?

Don't do that by e-mail, please. I'm shure you'll find a way to find the time and opportunity to talk to her personally.

I'm also shure you'll find a way to overcome your fears.

Don't you think she might find it strange since you meet each other 5 times a day? If you do that, she will know you're affraid of asking her personally. But if you talk to her personally she might see you as a person who really cares for her, so much that have found all the strengh to overcome all the fears....and, probably, she will admire you for that.

women like men that have confidence in themselves... you wouldn't goto a used car dealership and buy a car if the dealer wasn't sure if the car was good or not. If you don't have the confidence to ask her out in person then she might perceive that as weakness and a major turn off.

• Like 1
I also think you should ask her out in person. Afterall, you see her enough. Now, if you didn't see her very often, then I would e-mail her. Just be casual, and say, 'hey, want to go get coffee this weekend?"

ya know, i tried that with someone else recently. I just casually asked if she wanted to go watch a movie on a certain day. Later on I found out that she has a boyfriend and didn't consider what I said to be a date.

The way I worked it through, I can make sure it makes it seem like a date if I wrote it out online instead of tripping over my lines in person.

• 2 months later...