Is it common for a woman to want to stop stimulation RIGHT BEFORE orgasm!?!

My girlfriend and I have been going out for 2 years and have been doing oral for a few months. Were both 20 and virgins, I dont know if this is helpful but she has never masterbated, nor has had the desire to, and before we went out she says she never had any sexual desire. I guess my question is, is it common for a woman to stop or want to push away right before she reaches orgasm? Does anyone else have an experience like this? Its not a problem with me, I know she likes what I do but I really would like to take her to the next level. It's like we get a great mood going and she really enjoys it, but then just as it gets intense she pushes me away. She tells me she doesnt know why she wants to stop...sometimes she just doesnt want to continue, other times the feeling becomes too much and sometimes it gets ticklish. What do you guys think? Is there anything we could try differently or are there any techniques any of you guys have used to overcome this problem? It this common moreso among sexual newbies? Thanks in advanced for the responses!

Is she 100% comfortable with you? It wouldn't be a tragic, or uncommon, thing if she had reservations.

Not because of you personally, but because she doesn't know how'l she react.

'Crap, I'm gonna pull a stupid face'

'What if I make a funny noise?'

That kinda thang.

Its not uncommon, but its a barrier you'll both eventually break. When she's about to hit apex, make her comfortable. You may say 'easier said than done' but trust me, thats not the case.

I am almost positive its not a comfort thing. I know she is very comftorble with me. I am the first guy she as done this stuff with and its taken time for her to be willing to share her body with me, but she is there now and she has no hangups arround me. She definitely expresses body language and sounds that indicate she is being VERY pleased with what I do. thereforeeee I cant imagine its because she would be afraid of my mental response to her physical reaction from an orgasm.

To the second poster, the same thing happens when I finger her. I dont think she is ready for sex yet, so I dont ask for that. Besides, I think she wants to move past this issue so when we do decide to have sex I wont have to stop prematurely. Instead, she wants us to be able to come together.

I can understand her not wanting to continue because it gets too intense. It's the most hellish amount of stimulation...

It could be that she isn't ready not just for sex, but for the level of sexual activity you're engaging in right now. She has to want to do it for her, not for you or some ideal of a shared orgasm (that is pretty, but is it that common...?)

I don't like direct stimulation or too much stimulation of my clitoris, it can get painful/numb.

Had a quick look at a website for the 'official' take on how to make a woman orgasm... Although females vary, many women need the following if they're going to reach a climax:

• romantic atmosphere
  • pleasant, comfortable surroundings
  • a partner who they really like
  • a feeling of being wanted and appreciated
  • a good flow of natural lubrication - so that the delicate female parts don't get sore
  • a skilled partner whoknows how to stimulate the clitoris.

and then further advice still (which sounds about right to me!)

In summary, here's what to do if you want to bring your partner to orgasm regularly:

• don't be in a rush.
  • don't be too demanding - it's not an Olympic event.
  • talk to your partner, and ask her what she wants you to do to her.
  • always create a romantic atmosphere.
  • make sure that everything is comfortable and nice for her.
  • give her lots of kisses and cuddles before you even think about making any approach to her sexual area.
  • when you do start to stroke, rub or kiss her genitals, don't rush into 'attacking' her clitoris. Take things gently, and see what she wants.
  • use her own natural lubrication to moisten her clitoris - good idea to use lube as well.
  • remember that stimulation of the clitoris is the key to female orgasm.
  • sometimes encourage her to run your sex sessions. You can learn a lot by watching how she stimulates herself or by really listening to her when she suggests a sex position, or a particular caress.

I think the fact that you are a caring partner and are really interested in her and her wellbeing bodes well for your future together! Good luck.

I'm not sure how common it is, but I sure do know that my girl does tries to stop a million times until I finally climax. She says that its an autonomic reactions, and that she really doesn't want to stop its just that its very intense stimulation. I usually tell her to "breath" and to "work through it baby", and she's ok. It is a sure sign that you're getting it real good though dawg!(lol)

I'm not sure how common it is, but I sure do know that my girl does tries to stop a million times until I finally climax. She says that its an autonomic reactions, and that she really doesn't want to stop its just that its very intense stimulation.

Very true. This happens to me and I guess this is the reason. It gets too intense that I just can't handle it.