Am I a jerk for doing this?

Am I a jerk for wanting to watch the football game instead of going over my gf's house tonight? She wanted to see if I wanted to watch a movie with her and her aunt and I was going to, but I'd rather watch the game right now. I kind of regret saying no and feel I came off as a jerk. She laughed it off on the phone though and said she'd call back tomorrow. I don't know...thoughts?

It would only have been wrong if you'd made plans with her and then changed your mind, deciding that the game would be better than her.

My opinion, too. Also, when you talk to her tomorrow, you could ask her if she'd ever be interested in watching a game with you, and if she didn't understand the rules, you'd be happy to teach 'em to her. But if she's not interested, that's cool, too.

lol - are you my boyfriend? haha this is exactly what he did to me today..and i posted on here about it too! weeeird.

Women should know by now that Sundays are no longer couples days...don't worry about it. i haven't seen my boyfriend on a sunday in like 4 months.

lol - are you my boyfriend? haha this is exactly what he did to me today..and i posted on here about it too! weeeird.

Women should know by now that Sundays are no longer couples days...don't worry about it. i haven't seen my boyfriend on a sunday in like 4 months.

Welcome to the club!! If I stay the night on Saturday, we go to breakfast, and I am "shuffled out" by 1pm. At least Monday night football is done for now.

It would only have been wrong if you'd made plans with her and then changed your mind, deciding that the game would be better than her.

I agree. the movie will still be there tomorrow and it will be just as interesting, but a football score is not as interesting tomorrow after you have seen the score in the morning newspaper or heard your coworkers talking about it. Games aren't the kind of thing you can just tape or "TIVO."

no i dont think you are a jerk for wanting to watch the football game, and i dont see why she would think you were a jerk either.. i mean it's not like you said yes then cancelled last min.

personally i wouldnt dare ask my bf to do anything with me if the football was on.. I know better then to get in the way lol

Yeah....

I'll bet anyone else who is a Patriots fan is bummed that they watched the game now!:sad:

That would be me.... ](*,)

To the original poster, I don't think it's a major offense to watch a game. There are some people who are fanatics and have to watch it 3+ days a week. However playoffs and the superbowl don't happen all that often so a Sunday here and there should not destroy the relationship. I'm not a big football fan, but even I enjoy watching the playoffs. Maybe if you invited her she would enjoy it too.

BellaDonna