Do women notice footwear?

A myth I read somewhere years ago was that one of the first things a woman notices about a gentleman's appearance is his shoes - cleanliness etc. The phrase applied I think was: "If your shoes are falling apart, it looks like a relationship is likely to do the same thing".

Since then I've always wondered if it actually does get noticed!

Comments welcome! Doc

A myth I read somewhere years ago was that one of the first things a woman notices about a gentleman's appearance is his shoes - cleanliness etc. The phrase applied I think was: "If your shoes are falling apart, it looks like a relationship is likely to do the same thing".

Since then I've always wondered if it actually does get noticed!

Comments welcome! Doc

Oh, that's just wrong. They actually care about the size of your shoe, rather than whether it's in tact or not.

Kidding.

I'd say it goes both ways, though. Someone who cannot take care of mere clothing, most likely [though not always, I'd assume] cannot have the responsibility enough to take on something a lot more serious, such as a relationship; and maybe even further into that - a marriage and children.

• Like 1

Yes, they do notice shoes and wristwatches because men tend to splurge on those items.

I have had many comments on my shoes (2 prs. @ $200+) and my watches, one has a 20+ ct. clear sapphire for the crystal and it stands out.

I'm not sure about younger girls, maybe they look for good sneakers??

I notice immediately too and it really puts me off if I don't like the style (I don't mind scruffy really). A particular pet peeve of mine is classic black shoes with light blue jeans...I can't look!

....I never thought I was shallow until I wrote this!

Yes, they do notice shoes and wristwatches because men tend to splurge on those items.

Absolutely. A man's shoes are an indication of cleanliness, as well as how he takes care of himself. If the shoes are in good shape, clean and match with his outfit, then we assume he showers every day and has a tidy closet.

A watch is a sign of his wealth. If he has a cheap watch, he likely doesn't have alot of money.

Yes I always look at the shoes on a guy. For some reason I don't like white trainers with jeans, it looks really scruffy. I think builders boots, like Timberland, or Caterpillar look really sexy. I love those on guys! The black shoes with light jeans, yes I agree that looks awful.

Also agree on noticing hands, raggedy cuticles and bitten fingernails, is a turn off, also the long nails too, yuk!

Hi

Frankly, I rarely notice men footwear. The first thing I look for is the eyes.

You're a woman? I've only read a couple of your posts. I agree that eyes are important. Eye contact and a nice smile rules. I used to be afraid to look an attractive woman in her eyes. Now I enjoy it. Attracting women is actually so easy. While shy for years, I never knew it was as easy as a smile and eye contact, but it is. I'm still working on the following up and follow through.

I notice footwear. I have a thing for shoes. My women friends call me metrosexual about shoes. I won't admit how many pairs I own. Let's just say I own more shoes than most girls, and as many as most women.

I know some women notice shoes and I'm in good shape there. However, I didn't buy them for women to notice. I bought them because I like them. I like them comfortable and fancy, comfortable and dressy, comfortable and rugged, comfortable and casual sometimes, etc.

I had foot problems in the past and my self help was to learn about shoes. Clarks are my favorites.

I do either match my shoes to my pants, or my belt, or my shirt. Sometimes I put forth the effort to match everything. I also like to match my baseball hat color to my shirt or jacket. I have a collection of hats. Another good one for winter is to match shoes, pants, and shirt to each other, then match jacket and hat to each other.

I don't think black or white shoes look good with jeans. Actually, I don't like white shoes at all and don't own any. Most of my shoes are 12s, some are 13s. I don't want my feet looking any bigger. White shoes look enormous in 12s or 13s. With jeans I like brown shoes. With black or navy slacks I like black shoes. With brown slacks, appropriate brown shoes. With grey slacks, black shoes. I have natural color sense. Probably because I'm an artist and photographer as hobbies, and also some professional photographer experience.

I do notice a woman's shoes too, but it has little effect of whether I'm attracted to her.

I would not recommend buying shoes online due to the need to try them on. However, just for kicks, go look around link removed

It's a slice of shoe viewing heaven.

I also like Nikes boots and many brands of hiking boots. My watch is cheap because I don't care about it. Not super cheap, but a nicer Timex. Nothing to brag on.

I'll spend it on my feet thank you, and slacks, jeans, shirts, sweatshirts (cool washington university ones), and I have a really nice leather jacket with flags of the nations of the world on it. I bought it when I was 25 and it still looks great. It's a classic with flags of countries that no longer exist. USSR, East Germany, and others. I think it's cool. I also have a nice maroon letterman's jacket for Washington State University with matching wool baseball hat. A lot of nice polo shirts and a color matching baseball hat for each. I have better color matching skills than most women. Ha ha. Actually, that's one of the things about me that stands out visually.

I didn't know you could tell stuff from footwear. I am wondering what yall would think bout me because of my shoes. I wear size 16 New Balance shoes that are white/gray/navy. They are dirty I guess because I use them as work shoes. They are a lil ragged as well. I actually use these shoes for anything besides dress.

Don't get me wrong, I have the dress shoes, but other than that I only own this one pair of shoes. Also, I would love a pair of work boots or just boots, but I haven't found any my size.