THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE - SuperDave71

Day 4 :

Looked at couples on the street and felt sorry for myself

Cut all kinds of contacts: YM, MSN, mobile number has changed, deleted his number from the phone, didnt see his Facebook etc..

Trying to motivate myself with revision and a promising summer with work and fun with friends...

Wish me luck people

I can say that : Goodbye forever, we live in different cities so might never bump into each other, have only 1 friend in common, nothing else

I dont want to be friends even in the future, doesnt mean Im still in love with him, just simply means : I dont want to ,and I cant see any benefit or joy I can get from that

Enough for today

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 9

Yes, I am calling it day 9, even though I had to text her to give me her mail address so I could forward some mail. It was strictly business! But you will insist, I will reset my counter.

As for how I feel about it: No different than yesterday really.

Slept kinda little this week, been keeping so busy with things.

Feelings today: w.t.f. - not really sure... Just know I don't want to be sitting around thinking too much. Scared might be the feeling that comes to mind. I don't want to hurt, kinda scared of it.

Strange

Day 22

Went for a stroll around one of the lakes here in the city. A sunny spring day always brings out the pretty girls here in the Emerald City. It's nice to walk a few miles, get some exercise, and enjoy the view. Nah, I didn't strike up any conversations. Not sure I'd know how given the environment.

As I've said in previous posts: crests and troughs. Today, after the exercise, is a crest.

ENA is a wonderful place full of folks who are eager to commiserate and offer their advice. Yet I'd suggest to any in the process of healing to take breaks from the site. Too much can cause you to dwell overly much on your situation.

Day 5

A friend sent me the song: Never had a dream come true... Dont know if it suits me or not...

Of course I will move on, he wasnt the type I would fall for but the first person I have ever dated

Maybe because I havent been very open to other guys so I dont know what it's like when talking to them, maybe it will just feel like talking to him ?

Missed him a bit when I woke up this morning

Hope things are going well for him, in his life, he has been suffering enough, he always acts cool in front of others but not with me, so I hope someday he will change his negative attitude to life and wont get frustrated with things so easily

Memories cant be erased, no matter what I try so Im just gonna keep it, the best part of it and move on

There must be something, someone out there waiting for me to find them, it takes time but the destination will come when I find my true love and goals

Now, gotta have something to eat and start doing some work, buy food and cook

New here and on day 3 of no contact...

what a great idea, unfortunately I have been sick and home from work but it has been a great time of reflection and next week I am ready to get the ex out of my system and become a better person than I was before I met her.

DAY 3

Broken up almost 2 months

Ok I blew it by looking at myspace. I came back here to post everyday so I do not do it. The only strange thing was when I looked at it I did not get upset. It did not make me miss him or want him back. The things posted made me have disgust for him and feel sorry for him. Crazy as it sounds, even though he put me through mental/physical abuse, I hope one day he gets on the right path. I think of him much less now. I have no wants or hopes of him contacting me or seeing him again.

I have been making new friends. I have had interest from guys just wanting to hang out due to we have the same interests. Strictly platonic here. Meditation and learning about buddhism has been awesome. I have been working out ALOT and it has been showing. My ex husband attended a bday party I threw for our children and commented on how good/happier I look. I can say my confidence and self esteem has risen so much, due to the fact I am putting all my focus on me, to make myself better instead of wallowing around.

I encourage everyone here that is struggling with no contact to get out there and due something for you, and you only. Don't do it hoping it will make the ex contact you. Do it for you. the results will come, maybe slowly. But they will.

Day 7 NC

Hey guys. well its been 1 week, although its been 9 days since he's tried to contact me. stupid mind playing tricks on me, thinking he's forgotten about me or is having a grand old time... but like superdave says, work with facts, not with assumptions. so i will try to keep that up.

I am nervous because today I am going back to a summer classes/program and i know he will be there enrolled in a different one. right now i have been away from where he lives, because i went to visit my grandparents. but returning today - its been 2 weeks - i feel very nervous.

why will i be disappointed if he doesn't contact me. though i know he won't. why am i not stronger to NOT CARE about something like that. he was very mean to me in the last few days of our relationship. yet, i swear from the bottom of my heart, when i met him all i wanted to do was be his friend, i had no considerations of wanting a relationship with him.

he says he wants to be friends now. but does things/actions that do not support this thought. what a throwaway line.

i had a tough night last night with early morning awakening... i am nervous... i think when i return to campus, somehow i am going to end up hearing about a new girlfriend or a new hookup... ugh

Day2(attempt #2)

Really can't shake that desire to just contact her & open up contact agian. Would of been leaving to go live with her the summer in the morning.

Still with three plus weeks of no attempts and contacting me, doubt its going to change anytime soon.

But anyway-off to Calgary soon

Was Day 5 but back to Zero!

Well thought to myself lets get this outstanding stuff out of the way, who am I kidding that we will get back together! Well who knows whats down the road but right now it's over and lets put it to bed and work on me..

So sent a text midday, just friendly saying hope your well etc then saying can we sort this phone stuff out so I can move on and leave you in peace and to be happy and so on and I would like to be friends but I am just not ready right now.. Anyway got a reply some minutes later saying yeah I think it's for the best and let me know how you want to deal with the phone stuff. I replied with can you talk at work about it, she replied with no not really but give me a call tomorrow. I sent a final text saying that's fine and will give you a call tomorrow just text me when your free. So it's back to day 0 and not going to kick it off again until Sunday as hopefully by then I will have spoke to her and got all this stuff sorted out. So any advice on do's and dont's for tomorrow's chat, do I stick with strict phone chat do I talk about us and just wish her well or something as I guess this is the last conversation we may ever have which is a bit sad.. I really have accepted it's done, end of.. If not I would have expected to have gotten some kind of sign by now it was end of Jan when we split so I need to just accept it and move on for my sake more than anything really.. So any advice would be welcome.. will add this to my thread too so apologies for replication.. Thanks everyone... andy

Day 88

Exhausted as usual, but I wanted to post my NC day count until I get to 90. Just started a new challenge related to The Secret on a different site.

Wish me luck

-Rosie

Rosie - 3 months. PLEASE QUIT BEATING YOURSELF UP AND GET OFF OF THIS SITE!

you can do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 6

My heart itches a bit, uhm..

I watched films all night and cried all night, how is it like u can find the one ?

I wonder if I was a rebound to him?

It was my choice to go out with him, my choice to jump in the relationship so cant blame anyone for that

I miss him a bit, to be honest missing being in someone's arms....better shut up about this otherwise I'll cry all day

Gotta go to the library and work my *** off and deal with the exams

Uhm, special treat for weekend, gonna cook some delicious Orential dishes \

Well day 1 again or in Limbo so to speak! Not heard from her to say she is free to talk and not going to call out of the blue as told her to let me know when she is free. It's early evening nearly 7pm now so I guess I wont hear from her today! Why she is lingering this on I dont know..!

day 4

just got back from the gym and going to a nice bbq.

She has been in my thoughts but I feel pretty good. She is the one who lost someone who would have been there for her thru thick and thin that is my take on it. Cant wait for the day she does not enter my thoughts.

Have a great day all.

Day 11

Almost through day 11, almost fell off the wagon though, I had a dream we reconciled and when I woke up it made me feel horrible. I wasnt going to text anything stupid, just something like "Hey, hows it going?" But I avoided doing that by hiding my phone in my managers desk (I was at work all day). Needless to say it worked and I didnt contact her, but for a while I really wanted to.

Day 7:

Day 6 I thought about the relationship and felt a bit sad since it wasnt worth my effort I put into

Just thinking whether my ex was a compulsive liar ...

Just popped up in my head the things I discovered about him: he is a foot fetish ( eww), he did even pay some women to have fun with him ( not sex though ) since he had so much money to spend...see myself as much better person compared to him Couldnt believe I fell for him, well was so naive back then ...

Back to my late revision and have good sleep

Woo hoo, summer is coming \