THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE - SuperDave71

Crap He still didn't send my money, just a general headf*ck, tomorrow will be a brand new day. I know all that i need to know now that nc is the only option for me.

How are you doing cas?

I'm sorry to hear that. Stick to the NC, and know that this too shall pass.

I'm actually doing pretty good. The weekend was quite rough, and I cried a lot. But since then I've started to feel much better. I'm starting to get back to the old me, before all this heartbreak.

The only thing that could set me back at this time, would be that my ex found a new gf. That would tare my world apart once again.

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to hear that. Stick to the NC, and know that this too shall pass.

I'm actually doing pretty good. The weekend was quite rough, and I cried a lot. But since then I've started to feel much better. I'm starting to get back to the old me, before all this heartbreak.

The only thing that could set me back at this time, would be that my ex found a new gf. That would tare my world apart once again.

Well he just text me to tell me that he didn't love me anymore.

You're doing really, really well hun, keep it up xx

Well he just text me to tell me that he didn't love me anymore.

You're doing really, really well hun, keep it up xx

That just sucks. I know how you must be feeling! But there are much better guys for you out there. Believe it!

Lots of hugs..

Woke up again with the same pang of lonelieness, tried not to dwell on it. Work was ok, although my ex came to speak to a colleague sitting opposite me at one point....just sunk low in chair and turned my ipod up Rest of the day grand, felt a bit teary on the walk home but been ok since then....watching tv. Hope it continues and that everyone else currently doing NC is finding each day easier.

Day 18

I am moving on, day by day. I have recently accepted the fact that my ex is not going to come back. I know that accepting this will help me heal, and any hope that I had of her coming back was only holding me back. If it happens, it happens. It probably won't, and I will be okay.

Day 6. Superdave rocks! I am healing like crazy and despite the fact that I didn't give up until nearly three months later I feel so much better. Still bothers me that I don't know if she cheated for sure though. It's like I'm fighting a war with myself. I don't know what to do if she contacts me but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. On second thought, I know exactly what I'll do. I'll ask the people on this forum for they're advice on how to deal with her.

Thanks everyone.

He said he did love me, but he didn't anymore and that things change. he said it was his fault but he didn't want it anymore. This is the guy who tread me like sh*t, not the other way round.

I never wanted him back anyway, i don't have any love for him anymore and i told him that at the start of the week, feelings yes but i can't love someone like that. he said he wants us to part on good and not bad terms as he does care about me. I told him we both had our own thoughts on the situation. I then said i'll never contact him again and i don't want him to contact me either and to just say bye now. He said "bye, take care and i hope you're happy" that's it now, just hope he as the decency to send my money, if not then i'll forgot it. All those who are in doubt of no contact, keep going, people finish with people as more than likely they're not in love with us anymore, otherwise they'd still be here, keep on going and do this for yourselves.

Day 6

My nights are so easy to get through this I have filled my schedule. Working out, reading, writing, even have been trying meditation to clear my head. Then I go to sleep and I will have yet to go a whole night without dreaming of her. The one last night was the worst I woke up and realized it was a dream and I was so disapointed. It sucks!

Then the mornings are so touph because of the dreams. I have to start all over again getting my head on straight every day. I do not start feeling good until around noon. I am going to accept this and just deal with the mornings. I hope I can sleep through the week without a single dream of her soon. When this happens I know that I have moved on physical and mentally.

The one good thing that has happened is her outburst and "crazy" actiions last Saturday. This has made it easy for me to take her off of the pedastal. Now I know why all the needy, selfish stuff pushes people away.

Day 5

Today was supposed to be the day where I bused down to her town in one last ditch effort to see if anything was still possible. I was going to give her a letter telling her I was sorry and thanking her for our awesome memories together. It's been typed out since Monday. Last night I decided that I wasn't going to go down there, and that I wasn't even going to email her the letter.

I know this is probably the best course of action in terms of me healing, but it feels like the worse thing to do in terms of ever having a chance to be with her again. However, since I've woken up, I keep questioning this decision, and it's really bothering me.

I'm still madly in love with her, and I frequently check her facebook, but at least today I don't feel like as much of a zombie as I did over the weekend, and early week.

Day 1

I replied to his txt last night. He just asked what's up and I replied with a joke. He didn't reply back. Why does it make you feel worse when you respond? When he sends me a text I feel happy, but when I reply I feel like I lost my powers!

I'm having some irrational thoughts. We are supposed to get a massage this weekend. If he says anything about the relationship, I plan on asking him if he just wants to take a break for the rest of this month, then try again in Dec. I don't want to bring up the entire relationship conversation, I just want to see if we can take a break for now then we will talk about the relationship later.

What do you think?

Day 1

I replied to his txt last night. He just asked what's up and I replied with a joke. He didn't reply back. Why does it make you feel worse when you respond? When he sends me a text I feel happy, but when I reply I feel like I lost my powers!

I'm having some irrational thoughts. We are supposed to get a massage this weekend. If he says anything about the relationship, I plan on asking him if he just wants to take a break for the rest of this month, then try again in Dec. I don't want to bring up the entire relationship conversation, I just want to see if we can take a break for now then we will talk about the relationship later.

What do you think?

I think you are setting yourself up for more pain. The whole point is to let go and heal first. You are not letting go or healing. He didn't respond because as soon as you responded to his text message he knows you are still there. You need to not be there. Make him get the point. Do not talk about the relationship. Do not tell him you need a break again. If you have told him not to contact you then he already knows you need a break. Focus on yourself and not the past.

Day 6

My nights are so easy to get through this I have filled my schedule. Working out, reading, writing, even have been trying meditation to clear my head. Then I go to sleep and I will have yet to go a whole night without dreaming of her. The one last night was the worst I woke up and realized it was a dream and I was so disapointed. It sucks!

Then the mornings are so touph because of the dreams. I have to start all over again getting my head on straight every day. I do not start feeling good until around noon. I am going to accept this and just deal with the mornings. I hope I can sleep through the week without a single dream of her soon. When this happens I know that I have moved on physical and mentally.

I used to do the EXACT same thing as that. I would wake up every day (usually eariler than I needed to) because my dream about her would wake me. I usually forget most of my dreams, yet I remember the ones about her EVERY time. It would take me 1/2 the day to do anything really productive, by night I was usually ok. The dreams do eventually go away. That was a really frustrating time for me because I couldnt control it at all.

I think you are setting yourself up for more pain. The whole point is to let go and heal first. You are not letting go or healing. He didn't respond because as soon as you responded to his text message he knows you are still there. You need to not be there. Make him get the point. Do not talk about the relationship. Do not tell him you need a break again. If you have told him not to contact you then he already knows you need a break. Focus on yourself and not the past.

It's so hard.........

Thanks thedude27 it is nice to know that they will eventually go away. She just sent me a text message though. She asked " Do I need to get a present for your son this year?" I am ignoring it of course. I made it pretty clear last week that I needed her to let me go and that I need a complete break so that I could do the same. Why in the hell would she ask that so soon? I think she is just trying to think of reasons to contact me. It can only mean a few things. like superdave71 said

1.) She still loves my son and I but is not in love with me.

2.) She wants my son and I in her life still as friends because she cares, even though I am not good enouph to date.

She is with another guy. I am not going to be number 2. HELL NO!

As superdave71 said the day we broke up her membership to my son and I was revoked.

It's so hard.........

life is hard.. I have been reading your posts and you are really setting yourself up for being one of those people who cling on there ex for months and months after the break up, never to heal and never to get better.. U really need to take control of yourself and look at things from an outside perspective.. like i said b4 take those rose colored glasses off and look at things for what they really are..

he sent u a text and u text him back with a joke and he didnt reply.. does this sound like someone who really cares about you and wnats to make it work? Why does he get the privalage of having you in his life when he isnt do his part?

Honeslty I dont even know why you post on the NC challenge because from your posts you have no intention of doing NC.. hell you plan on seeing him this weekend for a massage..

Digitaldiva, even though what hulk says sound really tough, he's right. You need to do this NC challenge 100%, and stop contacting your ex for a while.

Yes, it's f***ing hard, but you know what? If you keep doing this challenge, you will eventually start to heal, and get back to the old you. You won't accomplish that if you keep contacting him, and worry about every little sign.

Please stay on this challenge. As things are now, he won't take you back. NC is the only way for you, sweety.

Life really is a b*tch!

Hugs..

• Like 1

I just received a call during her lunch hour. I ignored it, but she left a voicemail. Now aparently I have something else of hers that she needs. She say's I have a airmatress that she bought and she needs it for her mothers apartment for thankgiving and christmas. Then she also said to give her a call to let her know if she needs to get my son a christmas present because she needs to know so she can get one.

I am sick of this crap. I paid for the $30 airmatress. How freaking bad does she really need it? Comeon this is real urgent. Thankgiving is almost amonth away and christmas is two months away. I am not getting baited in to this again. I am ignoring her. She can go get another airmatress they are only $30. She left her freaking rabbit for me to take care of why doesn't she come and get that? She threatened to come and take her rabbit and I said great because my son and I are sick of cleaning up after it. She even set up a time and day to come and get it then of course never showed up.

I am so sick of this what are my options here? I do not want to see her or break no contact?

I am writing here again after a long break. I went NC for 9 weeks, then back into a flirty 2 month nightmare of self torture. I finally got the nerve to go NC again. Now I am at 34 days. I miss her like crazy, but I've decided she doesn't get to know me anymore. Wish me luck, the holidays are coming.

It truly amazes me at all the incredible people at ENA that probably walk around all day with smiles that are hurting inside. Such a life, eh?

I am writing here again after a long break. I went NC for 9 weeks, then back into a flirty 2 month nightmare of self torture. I finally got the nerve to go NC again. Now I am at 34 days. I miss her like crazy, but I've decided she doesn't get to know me anymore. Wish me luck, the holidays are coming.

It truly amazes me at all the incredible people at ENA that probably walk around all day with smiles that are hurting inside. Such a life, eh?

yeah it is but remember its temporaty.. you wont always feel like this.. IF you allow yourself to heal