Does anyone else besides me hate casual sex?

One thing about this site that I love is you get a wide variety of views. its easy for you to 'ignore' anyone that may disagree with you but how is that helping you?

I havent seen anyone intentionally flaming you. They have been trying to help.

You can not pick and choose the advice you get on here.

Again I repeat what I said in my first post. Tell the guy how you feel. You lose nothing, and if there isnt any improvement drop him. Life is too short and you deserve so much more than this!

A healed self respecting version of yourself would not even utter the term "casual sex".. what does that mean exactly? you cut your heart out, remove your common sense, leave your head on a shelf, put your self respect in a paper bag toss it out the window, and feel all "sexy and fulfilled"?

Please know that you do not have to ever, ever, ever, engage in a "casual sex" scenario.. there is nothing to gain from this.. sure a few moments of "sex".. but we are not animals... well heck even some animals mate for life with one partner... so please take time to "discover' your own self worth.. and try to make choices that are respectful of your heart, mind, body and soul... you deserve better, start living it by choice..

Not me! I love casual sex. The key is to end contact if you ever start to get feelings for them. As far as pure sex without emotions goes, it's perfect for me when I'm not in/not wanting a relationship.

You need to know that casual sex very rarely turns in to anything more. Some can handle that, others can't.

Of course the sex you have outside of a relationship is not going to be as good as that inside of one, but it's a step up from masturabation. That's how I see it anyway.

I get the same benefit from it as he does. No feelings spared.

Wow...

The scenario that you described is one in which you happened to want more than just casual sex, whereas the guy, did not.

What makes casual sex casual, and thereforeeee possible, is that *both parties* deem it to be nothing more than casual. The second that one or both parties want more, is the second that casual sex becomes something entirely different.

I happen to be a proponent of casual sex, seeing it as a great way to have fun with someone without the excess weight of emotional baggage. Casual sex caters to those individuals who are able to recognize and separate the differences between physical desire and emotional longing. When I am engaging myself in casual sex, the only thing I long for in my partner in crime, is well, sex.

And these are to be construed as kind words?

"Unbelievable. Please get help."

Why don't you get help ImThatGirl?? like in the art of etiquette and manners for starters. And this isn't a flame, I don't know what is???

Wow.. what a piece of work some of the people on this site are.. I'm feeling down. i come here for some moral support. You know what? You aren't NOT helping me..I don't give a toss what your posts insists it's doing.. Wake up Call! you aren't helping me. nor do you have the right to INSIST i agree with every belittling rude, insulting post you have written me.

You are manipulative deceitful person to think that after insulting someone you have the right to insist that they not only agree with you.. but that you aren't even allowed to feel insulted by their rudeness. Take a hike!

How are you who writes this stuff helping me? The only thing I find helpful is if I wanted to end it all.. after reading all your posts. that's would be probably the thing I would do if I was really despondent.

You people need to think before you hit the Post Quick Reply.

Alot of your posts are demeaning, they are belitting... they allow a person to save no face at all. but what do you care? I'm no one to you.. just a bunch of words on a screen. And you can be as rude and insulting as you want, cuz, after all. you are hiding behind your computer screen. What a coward some of you are...And to think pretend you are helping me???

What a joke! I'm not swallowing your nonsense on how I've gotten good advice on ALL these posts.

Some of them have been heartfelt and written with sensitivity and grace.. like ilse first post.. but alot have been written with malice and no thought for the person whom it's intended.. I hope you all who think putting someone down is "good medicine" for them never go into pyschiatry.. You will be having patients killing themselves off left & right!

If i'm feeling down.. how is your insulting me helping me at all?

I hate the internet. It brings all the bullies out who have no guts in real life.

And listen whoever wrote this one thing about this site that I love is you get a wide variety of views. its easy for you to 'ignore' anyone that may disagree with you but how is that helping you?

Hey. i can choose to ignore anyone i want.. i don't come here to be insulted.. but somehow you think YOU have the perfect right to do so.

Considering this post was all about wanting to be respected. i actually after reading half these posts, in comparison to some of the nasty posts here. I am starting to think this guy I'm seeing isn't bad after all.. I mean.. he would never say to me in real life all the rude posts you've posted me with.

Get help... why don't you get lost...

You know what?...I'm sick and tired of being insulted on this site.

If you cannot post something without showing some respect to the original poster's feelings.. maybe you should a new website to go to...

Aren't there rules regarding to being flamed????? It seems no one ever follows them whenever I put a post on this website.. Seems pretty discriminatory to me!

buy a vibrator and stop sleeping with guys for free. you need to make a guy work for it or he'll never respect you. stand up for yourself and tell him "no, i'm not coming over, sorry i have a date tonight" and hang up. the male psyche is dominated by competition, winning, and hunting. girls they have to work for are more appealing than ones that just cave.

You say that the posts on here have been belittling and demeaning, but it seems to me that you are allowing yourself to be belittled and demeaned (and not by this forum - by yourself and this man you're seeing).

Here's why I say that:

You started something with this guy. Some time into the relationship, you realised that he wasn't treated you the way you NEED to be treated (I don't know if this is because of the sex or not. I think it's highly likely that this has nothing to do with sex, from his end.)

So at this point you are realising he's not the one for you and the situation is even getting to the point where you are starting to HATE him and yourself. Yes, it was wrong of him not to treat you better. You are clearly a thoughtful and sincere woman, and you deserve the same from your man.

Walk away. Please. If you're not getting what you need from the relationship, let it go. By staying in a relationship that makes you feel this crappy, you aren't giving yourself the respect that you deserve.

I'm very sorry about your mother, and I'm sorry about the time you've spent alone. I've spent alot of holidays alone too. It sucks. I feel for you. And I really, really want you to find a man who makes you feel like a million bucks. Demand that, and settle for no less. HUGS

No no no.. gosh. i've typed this line many times now on this board! (rolling eyes) Please stop making up stuff that's not even true!

Who the heck said i met him at a bar??? I never pick up guys I meet at a bar! what do you think i am, anyway? Stupid? LOL...

please.. I never said this either.. so don't make up stuff I've not said.."I felt too that you were generalizing quite a bit about men-just-wanting-sex."

Oh.. now. i cannot even express my opinion about casual sex without the men on this board taking offense??? Please.. get real...

I am NOT talking about ALL men..Whoever said I was. I love men...all my friends are guys... I have no evil desire to see all men rot in hades.. I just don't like the guys who treat women like they are dirt after they have sex with them. Those aren't men.. those are players.. large large difference, trust me. I see lots of great guys in committed relationships with their gfs, wives, etc.

You know. this board is doing me no good at all. The next time I want moral support I will go somewhere else!

Moderator.. could you kindly just deleted this whole post??? cuz i'm sick and tired of everyone taking pot shots at me!

You are bunch of insensitive people if you think after reading your posts I'm going to feel all warm & fuzzy inside.. You know.. people like this on this board are the reason that people get depressed & lonely.

You are not my friends. hardly any of what you've written here has been constructive, insightful.. a few posts have. but most of them are your cowardly attempts at taking potshots at someone you've never met

.. This is the reason I hate the internet.. Hardly anyone can show manners to another person they don't know!~

Please.. before I complain to the higher ups.. just delete the whole post!