Ladies I need advice on dancing

DMXtreme

So lately I have been attracting lots of girls, which is nice because my ex and I broke up 2 months ago. Today my best friends sister invited me to go out wednesday, I know she interested because not only has my best friend told me to ask her out but also her roommate, anyways I said sure but then realized she loves to dance...I have two left feet and dance like a retarded Fez (from the 70's show), seriously I AM BAD AT DANCING...so the question is what do I say when she asks me to dance with her? do I just go out there and look like an idiot or explain to her that I'm not a good dancer

ask her to show you. especially if it's something sexy like salsa ;-) it'll break the ice

I would love to see myself salsa dancing, that would be hilarious!!!

TEACH ME PLZ <:>

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I dont know man, I'm just myself, I take care of myself, I eat right and smile alot. Ive been told I have charisma and have a great smile and personality and dark eyes, I guess that helps alot. I dont act like something Im not, Im just me

There are many classes in which you can enroll that aren't too expensive. The internet isn't really a place to learn how to dance. You have to have a physical partner to truly learn how to.

Im not trying to learn how to dance on the internet, just wanted to ask the ladies thier advice.

DMX, practice in front of the mirror. Mimick things you see on television. They can go a long way.

There are essentially 3 different "dances" I do. Theres

1)the bump and grind. (u know that one)

2) the single dance, but acknowledging the girl dancing in front of you. Check her body language to see if she wants the bump and grind or if she likes the single dancing. (these are things you learn in time)

3) The "fake waltz". This happens when you are on a date or something. Typically you hold each other with one hand and touch hands with the other. This one needs more explanation because... its more complex.

a) there is the "out and spin her" move.

b) lead and spin move (typically used after the out and spin move. When she comes in just do a 360 with her while moving about the dance floor. You are back in position one. Holding with one hand, and touching hands with the other)

c) twist pull in dip move (uve seen this one in movies. The kiss usually follows. Just dip and laugh, don't kiss... unless its called for).

The rest of the waltz is just swaying back and forth. You could do a box step... but thats gonna take some research and practice.

Just say "I'm not very good at dancing but I'll give it a shot". Just laugh the whole time. Enjoy yourself... don't hold back.

Most importantly though, practice some dance moves on your own in front of the mirror... see what looks good in your opinion.. and try and replicate them on the floor.

-ForAnother

• 4 weeks later...

I have absolutely no idea how to dance.

Although I've been told I'm really really good at slow dancing. But then again that's easy.

I'd love to know how to, my girlfriend loves to dance, but I never dance with her because I'm TERRIBLE and don't want to put her in as much humiliation as I feel I'd be putting myself through.

Ah come now, what's a terrible dancer? True there are some very good dancers out there but the rest of us just go out and move around and I'm sure you don't stand out. Goofy enthusiasm trumps a lot, as far as I'm concerned - and a beer or two might help. My mate who thinks he's a rotten dancer is quite charming about it by being enthusiastic and says he feels like the dance king after a few drinks. And she'll like it - or at least I would - if you prefaced any dancing attempts with a disclaimer that this wasn't your thing at all, but that you want to give it a go because it's something she enjoys. Good luck!