Why is height so important to many girls?

Why is height so important to many girls? Of all of the magazines I have read and online personals, many girls wants a guy taller than them or a guy whos 5'8 and up..WHY? I am 5'3, 128lbs and I know that my height is factor of why I never get any responses from many girls online..or even possibly why I never had a gf yet..I have been turned down several times because of height..I remember I got one response back from an online ad from link removed.. This one girl who had the same interests as me but she responded back to me saying "You sound nice, but I am kinda tall, Bye"..I was like so what! Who cares! I don't care at all! I just don't understand why many women wants a guy taller than them..To me height doesn't matter to me in a girl..Short or Tall doesn't matter for me but it does matter to many girls out there, I wish it didn't!

It's a masculine thing. If a guy is in any way "inferior" to a women then the effect is lost. The aspect that men are more formidible then women, and thus, they must be superior in all physical attributes.

In lamens terms, chicks want a guy that they feel can "protect" them. Not that you can't, tis just the general feel naturally.

Of course I could sit here and lie and tell you that that shouldn't be a factor, but sometimes it is. Your a nice guy right? Your nice, probably funny, most likely a handsome young man. Just go with what life throws at you. Be proud of who you are. Without that confidence, even the lowliest of lowliest women won't desire you. Hang in there my friend, yours will come soon. Cheers~

Its not important to me!

I mean, Im not tall, about 5'6" or 5'7" or so.. I think... but I have dated guys shorter than myself... I really dont care.

I think its an insecurity thing.. they need to feel protected and all that stuff.

The last guy I went out with who was shorter than me, liked it when I wore high heels, he was a skinny wee thing, too, so we looked hilarious But no one ever commented or anything.

I seriously dont see what the problem is. It feels a bit weird at first, just because your not used to it... but after a while you dont notice at all!

as they say, we are all the same height lying down

Height has nothing to do with it. Being tall can only help you, but isn't necessary for you to get girls. Especially online, it's not even a factor.

You misidentify reasons for your failure, it all has to do with how you're coming off to the girl. Lucky for you, this is something you can change! You've seen some of those sites I've posted about in previous threads, go check out some of those.

But stop this self limiting belief. I swear, I have this one friend who lacks any tangable quality. He's ugly, no friends, poor, not all that tall, annoying, no future, and he scores girls like crazy. He completely kills me when it comes to getting girls. He just has a high level of skill with women, and if he can do it, then anyone can. Even I'm still trying to improve all the time.

Height isn't really important to me. As a fairly tall girl (5'11"), I know that if I were to limit myself only to guys that were taller than me, I would quite possibly miss out on a lot. So yeah, height has never really bothered me. Sure it's nice if a guy is taller than I am, but it's definitely not something that is a deal maker or breaker for me.

Growing up, I always towered over the boys. Heck, I still tower over a lot of men. I guess I prefer a guy who is taller than me because when I look down on a guy, I flash back to elementary and high school, and those weren't pretty memories.

I guess I just feel more feminine and... ADULT... when the guy is close to my height or taller.

Ignore the ones who make this a big deal. There is nothing you can do about it.

There is nothing wrong with who you are, your height.

The truth is, some will see it as a 'no go'. Superficial? Maybe. It doesn't matter though, it just means that gal isn't for you.

I agree with HelloLadies, that this will only hold you down as much as you let it.

Why even get frustrated about it? You need to change your thinking! It's a waste.

There are tonnes of us out there who don't give a bleep about it, or who may care but hey we are short! Lots of women close to your height too.

Worrying about this isn't worth your time. I'm sure you have a lot to offer, so focus on those things.

I was originally 6 feet tall, but I was crushed 2" shorter in two accidents over the years. So now I'm 5'10". The world does seem a little different now since everyone else seems a little taller than before. However, it's not a big deal.

When I really feel small is at family get to togethers. I have about 30 male cousins. The oldest is 6' tall. I'm second oldest. We're the little guys. The rest of our younger cousins, including his younger brothers range in height from 6'3" to 6'7" with 6'4" being most common. My dad is 6'4". In family photos I look tiny. In public and around town I feel average to large since I'm mostly upper body and shoulders. Yet being around my family, I have some idea of what it would be like to be smaller.

Not all women care about height. I once had a GF who was 5'10" tall and I had to look up at her when she wore heels. So what? I didn't let it bother me. She didn't care. The only downside was that I couldn't kiss her and pat her butt at the same time because I couldn't reach. No big deal. Actually, she thought that was hilarious. I thought it was frustrating, which made her laugh more, so then I had to laugh too.

Some women do like taller guys, but others don't care about that. Don't let this affect your confidence. I can think of 4 short, small men right now who are my friends and they all seem like big guys to me because of their attitude. The women like them too. I also have several tall, good looking guy friends. Most of them do well with the women, but not all. One of them is both tall and good looking, but women do NOT like him because of his personality (farting and belching is not a funny joke).

Attitude and behavior count more than height or looks. The problem is that you're letting the height thing undercut your confidence and attitude. I'm not short, but I am a little handicapped from being crushed 2" shorter. I can't turn my head much and my back is a slightly stiff. I have just as much or more reason to lack confidence as you do, and I used to. Not anymore. I gave myself an attitude adjustment with the help of my women friends and by observing that women I meet in person, face-to-face, usually react positively to me. Luckily, I'm still good looking, smart, and sometimes charming and/or funny. Ahahaha! I say luckily because I've had a broken neck, concushions, and other things. I'm lucky to be alive, not paralyzed, have all my brains (or most of them), and amazingly lucky to still be reasonably handsome and charming. Also lucky to be working again and at two jobs I love with coworkers I like (well most of them). i.e. - look on the bright side. You're healthy, young, and your attitude counts far more than your height. Look at all the great things you have going for you. Seriously. Now pick up your attitude and you'll be doing good.

When meeting women face to face, your attitude is number one. As for online dating, well, I don't think much of that anyway.

One of my local women friends recently told me that I'm always exciting and never boring. That has nothing to do with height.

Give yourself an attitude adjustment, think big, or don't think about size at all, be entertaining, fun, confident, kind, etc and you'll be big in her eyes, and if not, then find a different her.

Seriously. One day I tried to put on a spare set of overalls belonging to a smaller guy friend when we were working on a car. I couldn't even put both arms in them. Only then did I realize that he's actually a little guy. I'd been thinking of him as a big guy all these years due to his personality. For real. Well, he's still a big guy to me because of his personality. You can be as big as your personality, or as small. It's up to you to decide how big you are.

i may get flamed for saying this but one thing that i have noticed on those dating sites (i have been on many) are a lot of women on there have a laundry list of what they want and most often it's a guy who's taller than them. the worst one is craigslist where i've seen too many women who are between the height of 4'11" - 5'4" who want guys that are 5'10" and above! that would just look so weird.

guys have laundry lists too but height does not seem to be as important for men as it is for women.

i really think it's all about your attitude and self-image. i have a few guy friends who are shorter than 5'7" but they are extremely self-confident and often have really attractive and cool GFs.

you don't want a woman who will exclude you just because of your height anyway. that's just plain shallow.

I prefer taller guys because I'm 5'7, but I would never rule out someone who is cute, funny, intelligent and kind just because he was not tall.

Many women are picky about a man's height just like a lot of men are picky about a woman's weight. Girls who won't date a guy just because he is short are the equivalent of guys who won't date a girl just because she is chubby. Some people are simply shallow and are not worth your precious time.

As far as I'm concerned, sexy can come in all shapes and sizes.

I prefer taller guys because I'm 5'7, but I would never rule out someone who is cute, funny, intelligent and kind just because he was not tall.

Many women are picky about a man's height just like a lot of men are picky about a woman's weight. Girls who won't date a guy just because he is short are the equivalent of guys who won't date a girl just because she is chubby. Some people are simply shallow and are not worth your precious time.

As far as I'm concerned, sexy can come in all shapes and sizes.

Well said. I have to admit that I find women between 5'2" and 5'5" extra attractive. However, I don't pick and choose women based on that. It's a minor detail. Just earlier tonight I was doing some major teasing and flirting with a woman who is likley about 5'9". She works at a local clothing store as one of their full time cashiers and their part time model. I see her in local magazines and the newspaper often. I asked her if a lot of guys tell her she's tall. She said, "Yes, all the time." I said, "You don't look so tall to me (I wink, smile and she reciprocates). When I see you in the magazines you look really tall, but in person, not so much. The photographer must be really short." She smiled really big (beautiful), laughed, and said that the photographer is a short woman, which makes the models look much taller. In the ads she looks well over 6' tall. In person she's only 5'9" without heals. Tall women aren't my normal thing, but in her case who cares how tall she is? She's beautiful and friendly and height isn't a big deal to me. She does seem really pleased when I tell her she doesn't look so tall in person. She said, "Ya, I'm short." and she grinned from ear to ear when she said it.

That gives me an idea. Fashion magazines don't really need tall models. What they need is shorter photographers.