I have been on a tea kick these past few weeks. I have given up drinking coffee in the process. Drinking tea, even the caffeinated ones, taste so much better (and cleaner) than coffee. And besides, tea is good for you, especially the herbal ones. My favorite flavors are Ruby Mist and Lemon & Ginger from Stash, Lady Grey and Blackberry caffeinated tea, and sometimes white tea.

Does anyone else here drink tea on a regular basis? Which ones have you enjoyed?

I love coffee. tea is a distant second for me. You know, coffee also has been shown to have good health benefits!

but for tea, I like Moroccan mint tea. It is great after a meal, helps you digest. I like blueberry tea for the taste, also orange tea and hibiscus. Lemon tea is also yummy. I also like earl grey tea from Taoz.

green tea is full of antioxidants. it's really good for you. I sometimes throw in a few slices of ginger in my green tea. adding an extra bag of cranberry tea and letting everything steep is great too. Once writer (E. Jean Carroll) swears by this tea.

It would be hard for me to give up coffee, but since I am really wanting to quit smoking, I'm going to have to. The two go hand in hand for me. Thus, tea will be one of the replacements.

I've always liked tea, anyway. I'm constantly hearing about the health benefits of green tea.

Also, did you know you can make your own ginger tea? You just mince some ginger and boil it in a pot of hot water, let sit for about ten minutes, then strain into a cup. It's a very warming drink for winter time. (I add sugar or honey to it, a squirt of lemon juice would be a good idea, too!)

I just read that it's better to drink loose tea then to use tea in packets. Does anyone else use loose tea leaves? You put the leaves in a little strainer that you rest in a cup of hot water for a few minutes.

I love coffee. tea is a distant second for me. You know, coffee also has been shown to have good health benefits!

but for tea, I like Moroccan mint tea. It is great after a meal, helps you digest. I like blueberry tea for the taste, also orange tea and hibiscus. Lemon tea is also yummy. I also like earl grey tea from Taoz.

green tea is full of antioxidants. it's really good for you. I sometimes throw in a few slices of ginger in my green tea. adding an extra bag of cranberry tea and letting everything steep is great too. Once writer (E. Jean Carroll) swears by this tea.

mmmmm me tooooooo! (the coffee thing). I swear by my java. But I do enjoy tea. The moroccan mint that Annie mentioned is GREAT (i found it in the green variety). And i love Chai tea (tastes like drinking gingerbread). Tea is tastey, and the subliminal advertising works... i want some now guys!

I think it will be blueberry roobois.

My addition to this thread. Nothing beats "Stash" brand of tea. It is worth the extra money. MMMMM soooo good! (Enjoying some of their "holiday chai" right now)

I LOVE Stash!!! And how weird--i have water heating for the holiday chai now!! mmm... I've spent so much money at their website... I get the sampler packs... One of my favorites is the Red&White tea... amazing... Green&White is great, too...

I notice that when i get on my "tea kicks", after a week or so, I feel SO much healthier!

Yay for teeeee!

If you like chai, the best is the Yogi tea range-choc, cinnamon,egyptian. I could only get it in Europe though Aryuvedic, caffeine-free, similar but deeper flavours and more rounded than chai.

Best green tea is Dragon Pearl - the best parts of jasmine plants are rolled into pearly balls. The fragrance of jasmine is beautiful - BTW I found out recently that the beauty of drinking chinese teas is breathing in their aroma first - hence the lids on chinese teamugs. You pour it in, leave the lid on for a minute. When you drink, bring the mug to your nose lift the lid and breathe inthe aroma as you drink. A delicately delectable option for enjoying tea.

I love also turkish apple tea, gunpowder tea, chamomile tea (which my german landlady said is an exellent gargle for throat colds, when used warm - and it`S true!), japanese maccha tea (and maccha ice cream mmmmmm), powdered japanese ginger tea (it`s presweetened), iced lemon tea with sugar syrup, and this christmas tea that you can get in NW Germany! Ahhh, tea. Hmmm, didn`t realise how much of a tea maniac I was til I wrote this

I have always loved a good cuppa. I adore chamomile tea. I have been known to even eat the flowers at the bottom of the tea pot.

I love peppermint tea during the day to pep up and cham at night to wind down.

Wish I could give up coffee but I really love the smell of the beans and like the morning cup.

The jug is almost constantly boiling.

• 3 weeks later...

That is really good for you Jo. You must be very healthy.

Last week I stayed with a girl friend who has studied herbs for many years. She made a pot of tea with valerian, chamomile and a few other thngs. As soon as I get the list off her I will post it.

I want to look into herbs more because if blended just right you can make absolutely beautiful cuppas. Beyond what you may have ever imagined.

I love tea too (I can't stand coffee. I love coffee-flavoured ice cream and coffee-flavoured chocolates, but coffee itself? Yuck!). I often have regular ol' pekoe. I also love Safeway's black Chai tea or their Orange Spice Tea (lovely because it has caffiene in it unlike other orange flavoured teas). My current kick is green tea that comes with mint and stevia - it is not as bitter as regular green tea can be - and it has replaced the Pepsi I drink while at the office. I am also losing weight because the tea is better for me than Pepsi!

I also have some eggnog flavoured tea. Weird huh? But its kinda tasty!