"pet Names" For Ladies

My s.o. used to call me babe. I loved it at first, but after awhile I was like, "STOP SAYING IT ALREADY! GOD!"

He also calls me darlin', hunnay (yes with the 'ay' ), hun, etc..

I don't mind when men refer to women as chicks. It's just a word. No big deal. I don't mind babe either, it just gets annoying after too much repitition, lol.

That's exactly why I like to be creative and have a repatoire to draw from. I can use a different one every time and that can go on for a long time before I repeat. Variety and newness are fun and exciting, I think. Originality is also nice.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind when men refer to women as chicks. It's just a word. No big deal.

It's just a word? No big deal? Just because it's "just a word" doesn't mean it isn't offensive. There are many highly offensive words, such as racist and sexist terms, that are "a big deal" whether you personally think Chick is one of them or not.

OK, well I'd love to be called "My Kitten Licker" but I suppose you have to be in a relationship for a while. Also you need an alternative for public places.

I like muffin I haven't thought of that one. I've kind of stuck to babe and hotstuff and sexmachine and sexy, wife-ey. Honey-muffin might be good, smoothalicious, waxer would be good, but also more personal.

I can't think of an interrim one that I would like to be called, until I earn the above mentioned nickname.

• 4 weeks later...

Nobody has posted here for a month, so I might be wasting my time, but I'll try anyway.

I have a major problem with intimacy (relational, not sexual) that I'm working on in counseling. A strange part is that I'm very uncomfortable with names (I guess names are too intimate). I'm uncomfortable calling people by their names or being called by my name, especially in close relationships like with my wife and step-son. What's many times worse, though, is "pet" names, endearing terms, etc. They feel very foolish to me. I call my wife "dear" most of the time.

So, my assignment from my counselor is to come up with a pet name for my wife and start using it. This is like telling me to drop a phobia cold-turkey, but that's my assignment. I've read all the names you've posted and haven't found any that I'm comfortable with.

Any suggestions (especially from the ladies)? - Something simple and "safe" to start out with; nothing sexual or sappy. She's a country girl at heart - maybe that helps.

My ex boyfriend of many years called me "doll" I loved it....I thought it in a way classy yet very much like an old gangster or mob movie....Now the ex hubby of many, many years ago called me baby dumplins! I hated it! Thinking about it now reminds of the Seinfeld episode of them calling each other "smoopy, woopy" ewwww......

Sweet? Haha.

I am not sweet.

I'm a little package of dynamite.

Haha.

You're reminding me of my favorite cat, Meowly. She was 8 lbs of dynamite. She was all cuddly to me, but she liked to fight other cats. Her hobby was attacking and beating the daylights out of my sister's 15 lbs wussy cat. My parents were always taking my sister's cat to the vet to get sewed up. But Meowly was sweet to me. So I still think of her as a sweet cat, though in realilty she was sweet dynamite. The only time she ever scratched me was if I didn't pet her enough. Then she'd slowly start sinking a claw into me and slowly keep pushing it in deeper, until I resumed petting her. What a cat.

Hmmm. Sweet dynamite = Sweetamite