My ex farts around me sometimes

I have been 6 months out of a 1.5 yr relationship with my ex. we have had LC since the breakup and lately the last few times we have gotten together and talked she has passed gas out loud while with me in public (it was away from other people though so no one else heard).

My question is do you think she does that because she is so comfortable around me or is more that she doesnt respect me anymore so she can do that and not care what I think? I don't care that she does it really but didnt know if I should read into it or not.

It means she's first and foremost human. Second, I doubt she's trying to charm you with her gas. I interpret this as a real classless act and a sign of disrespect.

Go for a woman who has manners. Don't overanalyze your exes rude behavior.

I agree with Chai. I think you shuold stop letting your ex pollute your mind, and your air.

That's rude behavior for anyone to exhibit. Yes we are all human, but if I knew someone who purposely did that all the time, especially in public, I would not be spending much more time with them.

BellaDonna

Oh please. I'm sure you have farted around her at least once or twice.

It isn't classless, either, I disagree with Chai on that. It's biology. Some people are more anal than others about it - and about who (specifically what gender) does it.

Girls don't fart, didn't ya know. Their stomachs are made for beauty, not biology.

She's your ex...she farts....who cares? You either love her and think you two have a shot at things or you don't. Farting has nothing to do with it.

christ...

well i understand its considered rude somewhat but we both laughed about it and we were kind of secluded both of the times. the thing is I would probably not pass gas loudly in front of her because I try not to do anything perceived as 'negative' around her (even though its human).

this isnt like a big thing ive focused on but just a curiosity but if I feel like she doesnt respect me then why stay in painful contact.

Oh please. I'm sure you have farted around her at least once or twice.

It isn't classless, either, I disagree with Chai on that. It's biology. Some people are more anal than others about it - and about who (specifically what gender) does it.

Girls don't fart, didn't ya know. Their stomachs are made for beauty, not biology.

She's your ex...she farts....who cares? You either love her and think you two have a shot at things or you don't. Farting has nothing to do with it.

christ...

What stuck out to me is that she seems to be making a point of it to do it out loud in public, almost like purposely trying to embarrass him.

BellaDonna

well i am a contrarian of sorts and I have done some acts in public that she has told me 'embarrassed' her so I could see that she might have tried to embarrass me back.

this is really a minor issue though. i guess im trying to use it to read into my ex's barometer on how she feels about me.

i was out for halloween on saturday and while i was there my ex was there and she got the impression that I was ignoring her the whole night. i wasn't trying to ignore her i was just busy talking and dancing with another girl. she then came up later in the night and said "you know she has wrinkles". basically the girl i was with was older. my ex has said putdowns of sorts in the past like "i can't get a girl as attractive as her or if I did they would be lacking in other qualities." this is partly my fault though because I compared her to my old ex in the beginning and she still holds that to me somewhat.

Then after the bar closed she comes up and tells me that her grandma died and she didnt know whether to call me about it or not. i said i was sorry and wished she would have called.

After we broke up she said she wanted to know I could be there for her. Well here was a chance and SHE DIDNT call me. she is trying to be super independent and not rely on anyone, even me who she knows she could trust her life with.

I called her sunday and we talked for 20 minutes, about her family and the funeral. I asked if she wanted me to go with her to the funeral and she said thanks but no. ( she is kinda embarrassed of her family somewhat, they are a little crazy one of the uncles in the military said he would kill me if i broke her heart and he didnt laugh afterwards, but then we smoothed it all out- just to give you an idea. I suggested a movie then later in the week that she liked and she didnt give a 100% yes but seemed interested to go.

I sent her family flowers because I was sorry for the loss.

Fast forward to last night, went out again for halloween and she was there again. we didnt talk at all while there but we both knew we were both there and I talked with her friends that i know. I met another girl that night who is really cute but she is brunette and bustier. (my ex is blonde and more slender).

I think my ex may think Im trying to make her jealous but Im not.

I am worried that things I do will be taken out of context by her if i dont clarify, but then again id like her to actaully see she WILL LOSE me because the whole time we have broken up she has said "WE WILL PROBABLY BE TOGETHER".

its exhausting really.

If they couldn't help it, I wouldn't care, it's just natural.

But if she does it constantly I think that's really rude...eeuww, I know I wouldn't want to be around her.

She sounds really inconsiderate and obviously doesn't think much about how you feel or why you do things. I think you should distance yourself from her.

Some people are more anal than others about it - and about who (specifically what gender) does it.

haha, was that pun intended? I believe it was...

You play too many psychological games and all of this trying to read into her intentions is only wasting your time and gonna leave you hurt in the end.

This behind the back method of trying to be your ex's friend or hanging around in the background or whatever you wanna call it does not work to get your ex back. This has been proven time after time to be a flawed method. Even if you see temporary results, the old issues always creep back up again as they have not been solved.

So you should do this. Come clean and tell her you want to get back together with her and ask her what she wants. If you get a yes, great. If you get anything other than that, like a "not now, but maybe later" or anything like that, she's basically telling you "no, i'm not interested in gett back together with you" and then you have your final answer, because if she's not interested now, she never will be.

I tried giving her an ultimatum but it didnt work.

She says, 'you can't deal in absolutes, i.e. we either get back together or nothing-there are grey areas here' and then when I tried to kiss her she pulled away. I said if you dont feel anything for me then prove it by kissing me and not let it affect you. She then said she will 'always have feelings for me' so she couldnt unless we were getting back together.

after i apparently 'disappointed her knight on white horse' and 'abandoned' her she is trying to be really independent like she doesnt need a guy. but women , even successful are programmed to want to be taken care of.

i know whats going to happen ill eventually move on and then ill be so pissed at her because we wasted so many possible good times because she is afraid to commit.

*her parents split for 1 year when she was 1, and then her mom came back after 1 year. then they were together for 12 years before they got married.

I think because of this and other abandonment issues from childhood (parents working a lot and not seeing them), she is afraid to commit and seeks male attention.

She knows if she is around me she is weak. She purposely limits contact with me because she knows if we are around each other she will fall for me again and I guess she is afraid to trust me with her feelings again.

Well when she has done it she usually looks at me and then smiles and then does it. Then we laugh.

What about the other stuff I wrote above? Was it wrong to send the flowers to the family. Hopefully they wont take it the wrong way like I am a creep or something.

• 2 weeks later...

i had a setback today as i looked at my ex's facebook page (first time) and I dont think I will do it again. it was painful to see even though what is in the pictures is nothing that wasn't happening while we were together.

i guess i must go through so much pain before ill finally realize that NC it what i must do. but she always has said if we stopped talking that we probably wouldnt get back together.

i have to stop thinking of the good times and realize what the last 10 months actually have been - a slow weaning off of her feelings for me-even though she has told me recently that she will always have feelings for me. Probably why its hard for her to contact me.

she tells that if you stop talking that you wont be getting back together....because she wants you wrapped around her finger. that is bullsh*t!

to be honest, i would lose a great deal of attraction to any women who passed gas in front of me.

you've got to let this woman know that you arent there to be toyed with - and i would do that by not doing anything. remember, nc does not make you a bad guy!

Nice post!

I think it is 14 times per day per person over a life span of 70years you fart. Not sure on the 70 years, it’s some where in the high 60’s to low 70’s years.

***That must have been a weird study***

***Wouldn’t want to be the person following someone around***

Farts are the universal show of love! That’s one of the few things as humans share, we all poop and pee and fart! They can make anyone laugh and can make you cry, tell me you have never had someone around you let one go and it was so bad that you eyes watered as you are running holding your breath to a door or window.

I say give her a taste of her own medicine; give her a nice DUTCH OVEN!! Save one up, early in the morning, (one of the nice mornings were the two of you wake up in be together and have a few minutes of nice stinky breath talks) Make sure she is under the bed cover tucked and tight. As quiet as you can let that bad boy rip, get them cover over both your heads and give her the idea your play kinky or goofing around then it hits!!!

Redemption !!!!

We all do it and we all have dealt it a time or two!

There is a time and place. Some times it’s the wrong time and wrong place, but those are where people in the less then 10 items line at the store clear out and move to the line that’s out the door.

Some of the best ones is were its deadly and quiet one when you are a packed line, or other knows you did and the 10 other people start looking at one another and are turning red. And u are the proud owner of that bad boy.

Was that a mouse on a motorcycle!!!???!!!

Pull my finger!!!