Latina Women

CamaroJoe

I'm a white american male and I have this thing for Latina women. I don't know what it is, they just fascinate me. But it's hard to figure them out.

For example, I met this one girl, we'll call her S. Well S...she's a total hottie. She has a beautiful face, awesome voice, amazing eyes and very nice body. And she's cool too. I feel as if I can say whatever I want to her and she won't get offended; or if she does, she'll let me know or just give it back to me. I call it playful antagonizing. lol It's fun.

Anyway, I digress...She would flirt with me, tell me how 'cute' I was, hold my hand, hang out and just all kinds of stuff that one would consider flirting. But then I find out she only liked me as a friend. And i'm just like "ok..." Because American women usually aren't like that. They won't do stuff like that with a guy unless she likes him.

Well, I just started talking to this other Latina girl, We'll call her C. C is also gorgeous, sweet, beautiful voice; i love her accent. Well, she doesn't really do all that other stuff but the other day we went out to eat before work and somehow the conversation came to why we had never talked before. And she goes "You were always with S". And i'm like "No...You were always with Z" Z is some guy she used to talk to all the time at work. And she didn't really reply to that. But she did mention, before hand actually, that she wished he'd quit asking her out. So I took that opportunity to ask her out and she's said yes every time. But other than our dinner date, she'd not answer her phone and then say that she was sleeping and that it would take her an hour to get ready...

Well, she then proceeded, after we ate, to ask me out to a club. Well, I'm not much of a clubber, and I told her that before. And she goes "See, I'm asking you out and you're saying no." And then she said something like I'm playing hard to get.

I know this is really long and I hope someone reads it tells me what they think. Because these latina women are so hard to figure out.

So they're foreign citizens? I honestly think they're any different from "Americans."

Are you assumng their behavior is because they're Latinas?

I'd be wary of comparing women by their ethnic groups.

After 50 years in San Diego, it all blurs to me.

Maybe you can't understand them for the ususal reasons.

They're women.

Well, the reason why I say they are different is because THEY say they are different lol...S, the girl from above, said in her country and most Latin countries, the people are just different and here in America we like our 'space' but it's not like that where they are from.

So they're foreign citizens? I honestly think they're any different from "Americans."

Are you assumng their behavior is because they're Latinas?

I'd be wary of comparing women by their ethnic groups.

After 50 years in San Diego, it all blurs to me.

Maybe you can't understand them for the ususal reasons.

They're women.

Dako,

I agree with your post.

Oh, I see.

I was trying to sort it out from your OP.

If they really aren't Americans, they could have different customs about personal space. I run into that sometimes.

I guess you're meeting some nice ladies. I still suspect gender differences are more pronounced.

I can see where CJ is coming from here.

I am Latina, and in our culture, everyone is very welcoming and open.

This is not the case for everyone, but it is common that when you visit someone, we never call ahead of time.

When we see family/friends, we always hug, kiss on cheek.

I consider the culture to be very affectionate and laid back, so I think she really meant to be friendly when she said she was.

This is the common in many places: France, Spain, Mexico, Italy, in addition to others.

Hugs, Rose

I agree with Dako, and with rose2summer. I'm hispanic so I know what rose2summer is talking about (the kisses on the cheek, etc). Now I don't understand women regardless where they're from or what language they speak... But I gotta say that I think you had a very good chance with C. The thing is that she maybe is very into clubbin and stuff and she saw that you weren't so she probably thought that it wouldn't work out cause you need to have stuff in common and she wouldn't wanna give that up... I dunno... Keep trying I guess. It's the same with all women.