To move or NOT to move???

BrightEyed

The place I live now is a small town with not much to do. I am bored quite often. pretty much every weekend and I have like 0 friends. Even though this is a "college town" It has nothing interesting for me. I like having more options other than hanging out and getting drunk (Im not much of a partier) I just dont see a lot of opportunity here.

I'd like to live in a bigger city and my friend says she'd be my roomie if I decided not to live in the dorms.

So you're wondering whats the problem right? The thing is if I stay and live with my parents I'd save a lot more money, but I hate being under my parents thumb I really feel I need to get out on my own.

If I move and im bored and/or hate it then what? Im just stuck. I really think I could manage financially if I move out. I lived in the area I want to move to before and then I hated (I wasnt 21 and I had no job) but now I really miss it, the city & the diversity and what not.

I just dont want to make a decision I'll regret. Either way I feel I really shouldnt live with my parents anymore. Ive allow myself to stay a child. I literally do nothing but go to school and study. I feel I should play a little!

Sorry for rambling on. Any responses will be greatfully appreciated. thanks.

Well... I sort of was faced with the same situation you were... I decided to stay home instead of going to school, and regretted it HUGE and quickly went away to school as soon as I could, and really think I made the right decision.

I personally think you should try to move out and start to take control of your life. However, you need to remember that you need to play an active role in finding things to do. You claim there isn't alot to do in your town which is fine, but don't expect things to thrown in front of you when you move, you still will have to go out and SEARCH for things you want to do, and people you want to do these things with.

As for the money thing, make sure its realistic for you to be able to move out and do your own thing. I want to travel all over the place, however, I don't have the money to do so... yet..... So make sure you aren't going to send yourself into poverty by deciding to leave your parents

Either way, you should talk things over with your family to see what they think Hope that helps~

All you can do is make a choice and go with it. I was once told the following (or something like it!)

The road of life is not straight, it curves and bends and splits and merges, so when you come to a fork in the road, do not ask which is right, as both lead to the same destination, ask which will make you happier?

You are going to have trials and tribulations, bumps, mishaps and screw ups regardless of where you are. All you can do is try to be your best and be around people and things that make you happy.

Sounds to me like you want to move, but are scared that you will lose the safety net your parents provide, well I can tell you, losing that safety net is usually the best thing that can ever happen to a person.

Good luck!

All you can do is make a choice and go with it. I was once told the following (or something like it!)

The road of life is not straight, it curves and bends and splits and merges, so when you come to a fork in the road, do not ask which is right, as both lead to the same destination, ask which will make you happier?

You are going to have trials and tribulations, bumps, mishaps and screw ups regardless of where you are. All you can do is try to be your best and be around people and things that make you happy.

Sounds to me like you want to move, but are scared that you will lose the safety net your parents provide, well I can tell you, losing that safety net is usually the best thing that can ever happen to a person.

Good luck!

Great Post!

For aaages i've been trying to decide wether i should move out and this has made me want to do it more!