Just thought I'd share this immature comment I received. My ex husband James and I have always been great friends after we separated 2 years ago, he moved to another state, we have one daughter. We always maintained good communication. Now my recently ex fiance (toxic relationship, he packed and left us) hated the fact that my ex hubby and I stillI get along - he doesnt understand that James calls only to speak to our daughter, and nothing else.

Anyway I had my ex fiance's bills couriered yesterday to his work because I dont know where he moved to and he's not telling me - dont care really. I simply loaded a jiffy bag with his mail, no note, nothing (yes to NC!!). Typed his name on the envelope because handwriting it was too personal.

Well he received it yesterday and he sent me a text last night:

"I guess I'm not like James. Well thank you anyway."

So immature that I balled laughing! Instead of being graceful and classy about the whole thing and simply say "thank you", he had to audacity to expect me to treat him like my ex husband. My response? "Huh?? Uh I think I know that. Pay your bills!" I know I somehow broke the NC challenge but it was too good to let it pass.

I have to agree with chai to not purposely do something to inflict pain with him.

You want to keep up the good karma for your future relationships.

Hugs. Rose

You both are right. I'm no longer sad but am kinda angry about what he did and how he yelled at my daughter when I was not around. In my defense, such a short statement from me was worth it. I could have done worse but yes it should end. Thanks pals!!

(toxic relationship, he packed and left us)

He's lucky that short comment "Pay your bills" is all he has to hear out of your mouth. I don't think it was a degrading comment or one to make him feel bad.

He packed up and left you. I'm proud of you for standing on two feet and finding humor in your life.

Thanks I'mThatGirl and Rodeo!! Reading your responses made me feel better about my comment to him. Whew! At first I thought I was worse than he was for sending such a reply! I wrote "Pay Your Bills!" because he's now in a financial meltdown for leaving my house (now he pays for rent, utilities, gas, etc). As for me, my money goes to only me and my daughter. No more third parties! I still chuckle for my comment - I'm sorry.