Is cheating always a bad thing?

cheesius

I've been seeing this girl for about 6 months. I wasn't really sure how I felt about her and we were at a bit of a crossroads. One night I was out with some girls she used to work with and ended up sleeping with one of them. I remember walking with her ex coworker wondering if I could go through with it. Afterwards I felt terrible and called my girlfriend for breakfast. I never told her and I'm now sure how I feel about her. Is this bad?

I can't think of any circumstance where cheating is a good thing. You may well have not been sure about your relationship but really the right thing to do is end relationships that are not working out. Certainly end the relationship before you sleep with someone else.

I get that this seems to have been an opportunistic occurrence. Nevertheless it seems likely she will find out about this given she knows the girls. I think you should come clean and tell her and probably have a talk with her about where your relationship is or isn't at.

I really don't have a lot of experience with dating beyond a month and a half. I usually break up before any real feelings grow. New relationships are fun and exciting. Like having a new puppy that gets annoying when they aren't cute anymore. I think I'm in love with this girl now. We are having problems and she seems to need some space because of a dying mother and having her life long friend die recently. I don't really know how to while remaining supportive.