Guys: what's the biggest turn off???

Just a girls view- but I don't think guys should be put off by girls weight. There maybe many different reasons for her being a particular size. I am quite broad and in many respects considered "overweight" but I did weight lifting since I was 11 yrs old, and swam 7 times per week so my body developed differently from a lot of "normal" girls. My personality however is very strong and it is the best aspect of me. I may not be the best looking person, but looking good is not everything.

Hk87

Just a girls view- but I don't think guys should be put off by girls weight. There maybe many different reasons for her being a particular size. I am quite broad and in many respects considered "overweight" but I did weight lifting since I was 11 yrs old, and swam 7 times per week so my body developed differently from a lot of "normal" girls. My personality however is very strong and it is the best aspect of me. I may not be the best looking person, but looking good is not everything.

Hk87

You are a beautiful person!

Hk87

I wholeheartedly agree with what you said, especially the fact that looking good isn't everything. But if one was judging on phisical traits alone (which is very shallow) and not personality traits, body weight would be a turn off. And the question was about phisical traits. But, once you integrate the attractive personal traits, weight is much less of a factor.

Hk87

I generally think when people say "weight" they mean not that they are 120 lbs versus 140, but they mean their overall physical health for their frame.

And of course, what is overweight for some men, is perfect for another one.

You are broader, but I am guessing you are in physical health, and that is what is right for you? You can have a larger frame (ie broader, more muscular) but still be in good health and shape for you.

I don't think it is shallow to be attracted to certain physical features or health. I for example lead a healthy, active lifestyle and make that important even with a busy schedule. It's important to me my partner also takes care of their health and body, and that we have somewhat similar priorities, lifestyles, and so on. They don't have to be "perfect", but they do need to take care of themselves. And I also recognize that illness, injury all are things that come into play, but I still really feel that you need to best person you can be for yourself, and that good health is important.

I don't get offended if someone is "put off" by something about my body/appearance...as clearly they aren't the right one for me then...it's important they are physically attracted to me as well as emotionally and mentally, and I don't believe in "pretending" to be when you aren't...as that does tend to make things worse in the long run...

Well putting weight aside, I'm not attracted to overweight girls but I would call that 'something I'm not attracted to rather than a turn-off'... I see a turn-off as being something which would put me off an otherwise attractive girl. I would have to say smoking or really bad breath, which are in a way related.

My physical turn offs are

- Girls under 5'5"

- Overweight by more than 15 pounds for the most part

- To much muscle defintion

- A girl not taking care of her body

- A cup breats (I know this may seem mean, but its a turn off)

- Breasts bigger than a D cup (to big is also one as well)

- Fake body parts (unless the girl needed them due to an injury of some kinds, and if a girl has a fake leg it depends on how she carries her self, ie her self confidence, and her attitude about it.)

- Odd color hair or mulitple hair colors (I get turned off when there is more than one hair color in a girls hair.)

- To much make up (I perfer girls with natural looks or very little make up if at all)

I know my list may seem mean or strict, but I am not exactly looking for a Jessica Alba, ya she would quite well looks wise, but most average looking girls would do just fine.

I know my list may seem mean or strict, but I am not exactly looking for a Jessica Alba, ya she would quite well looks wise, but most average looking girls would do just fine.

At least you're being honest, the majority of guys have physical standards but some guys don't want to admit it. We're not proud of the fact that we might not be attracted to a girl with a brilliant personality because of some physical characteristic, but we shouldn't have to apologise for it.

In no particular order and mostly habits rather than attributes:

1. Handing me their spent chewing gum for disposal

2. Chewing gum

3. Eating while on the phone

4. Writing on the back of their hand

5. Obesity

6. Big knickers

7. Stale perfume

8. Smelly bits

9. Strap marks/bra straps showing outside clothing.

10. Smoking at the reception, still in their wedding gown

11. Laughing like a donkey

12. Swearing at their kids

13. Not doing the maths on their age when replying to my online-dating profile

14. Wanting me to love them then running a mile when I do.

15. Squeezing their spots.

16. Denying they just farted.

17. Farting.

18. Leaving the toilet seat down.

19. Making me sleep in the wet patch.

20. Taking them to Maui and they say "I would love to go to Mexico"

Well, I think there are basically two types of attractions: the attraction we have for someone we do not know and the attraction for someone we do know. If I get to know a woman, I can easily forget the fact that she may be shorter than I like, a different body type than I like or even not as cute as I like. Personality goes a long L-O-N-G way in attraction.

Having said that, unfortunately we judge based on what we see when we first meet someone new. What I found is that what I find unattractive in women usually have a lot to do with what their personality and morals/ethics are going to be like. I could be wrong, but everyone goes by what they feel are the best qualities. So, I won't consider dating anyone who:

smokes

does drugs

has multiple or large tattoos

wears a lot of makeup

does not have a close relationship with family

is a social butterfly

has no friends

is not fit/in shape

does not smile or looks sad/depressed all the time

is not kind to others

is not a professional or a college grad

does not make and keep eye contact

does not know how to initiate and sustain a conversation

and the most important attraction point for me is...

does not have a sense of humor.

Maybe i'm not getting out enough or going to the wrong places, but I would say that 99% of the women I have met in the last several months don't have half of these qualities.

Orlander

At least you're being honest, the majority of guys have physical standards but some guys don't want to admit it. We're not proud of the fact that we might not be attracted to a girl with a brilliant personality because of some physical characteristic, but we shouldn't have to apologise for it.
There has been times when females critize me on something and I respone "What do you expect I am a guy.", and they agree and leave it at that. And usually after that they learn that they better expect me to do guy things that have very little female touches to it. I have yet to apologies for my standards in girls or the way I act for the most part.

But I rather have an average looking girl with a personality that I love and has a high intellegence, than a girl like Jessica Alba, becuase I see no point in having eye candy on my arm that does nothing else. Becuase smarts and personality are also important to me as I grew up with these two things, and I learned to value them over physical looks. Yes I want a girl to be good looking, but she doesn't need to be a knock out.

I'm actually amazed how picky most of the guys on here are, I don't think I could list more than 5 or 6 turn offs, even if I tried. Actually makes me feel better about my own standards... in the past I worried that even expecting a girl I was attracted too was too picky for my own good. But compared to a lot of guys who answered here I'm pretty easy. I agree with jurupa... while I have physical standards I'm not expecting a stunner.