ok I was talking with my guy friend. He always says cute and sweet things to me and is really shy around me (he isnt shy with other girls). Anyway, he just said that he is glad he didnt get married because he wouldnt have met me! He nearly propsed to his girlfriend at the time a few years ago (when i didnt know him).

What does he comment mean? Does it mean he likes me???

by the way he is 25

It is certainly flattering but for me, until a man contacts me in advance to ask me out for a date that he mostly plans, I assume that his interest ranges from friendship to just wanting to flirt. Watch the feet (what he does) not the lips. I have heard the same types of comments - and even more specific - from men who either never asked me out or never asked me out for a second date.

So - just enjoy it for what it is - a sweet comment that might lead to more.

He may like you. But there's no way to tell for sure. If he is simplistic like most men on earth, then there is a possibility that he has some sort of feelings for you. However, you still can't know for sure.

Flattery is often used, but seldom recognized.

What you do is continue to act friendly and approachable and perhaps invite him to a group activity. If he is interested and emotionally available for a relationship, he will ask you out. Obviously if he was willing to make such a grand statement and saw that you didn't run for the hills he likely knows you would at least go on a coffee date with him.

First of all, there ARE such things as guy friends, whomever thinks differently REALLY needs to get out of the cave sometime. A human is a human despite the presense of a Y chromosome or not.

/end rant

Now, about this guy, to say he likes you is like saying the surface of the sun is balmy. However, that does not mean he'll make a move because he has been hurt in some way before when he let someone get that close, likely with that girl he almost proposed to, it was an almost for a reason afterall. As to your assumption that love must be a guy asking for a date that he has planned, that's about as old as the "a girl and a guy can't just be friends" belief. If you want sometihng to happen, you'll have to do some work too, even something as simple as leaning yor head on his shoulder, sititng closer to him, making it easier for you two to be together, or jsut talking about how lucky you are to have him. Thos will defiantely not be lost on him, we hope. If so, then say "Kiss me, you fool!" :splat: