Getting Your Ex Back : Fly Fishing For Salmon & Trout

Ladies and Gents of Enotalone - Getting Back Together.

This is a true story from a guy that has never been dumped, but advocates this approach/ mind set to get the person of your dreams or get the person of your dreams back. Lets call it Fishing for Salmon and Trout. The S&T live in their life called the *river*.

So the human race has been around for a while. The human race has been catching S&T for a while aswell.

Take your ex or the person you want back as a big fat juicy Salmon or Trout, that seems to elude capture no matter what you do. You have tried throwing bombs into the river, jumping in to the river feet first and thrashing around like an idiot. You have also tried to tempt your lovely fish with maggots, bread, music and worst still sitting by the side of the bank hoping that your PRIZE will see you there and jump out of the water into your lap. Even worst you think that if you ignore the PRIZE and hide behind a tree it after a while will jump right out of the water into your lap as well. Hmmmmm

We know this is nonsense and have over time adopted a method called fly fishing. Bear with me !!!

So you are the fly. In fact you are a very bright, attractive fly that sometimes does not come to that part of the stream /river. You ( the fly ) hit the top of the water with an absense that creates a desire in your Salmon or trouts mind. They have seen you before, and see you as a challenge compared to all the other attractions they have in their part of the river. (Esp the thrashing around guys )

So over a set time they decide to act. You can see them coming to the surface to feed, sometimes they jump right out of the water - but dont bite. This is the point where you the fisherman have to be cool.

BANG - they bite and take the fly. What do you do ???

1) Strike the Salmon and reel in like a mad man. Snapping the line and somehow giving your PRIZE a lesson never to fall for that one again.

2)Strike the Salmon ( calmly and softy, but enough to hook it ) and let it run with it in its mouth. Let it run and then slowly reel it in. Reel it in and let it go. However, the trick is to reel it in more than you let it run. Yet you must let it run, to reel it in. Dont forget it is hooked ! Repeat as many times as necessary - perhaps overdoing it to be sure.

3)Slowly, slowly catch the monkey. The Salamon is hooked and becomes tired over a period of time. Still hooked to your fly your Prize is now in a state of submission. By now, all you need to to is gently bend over and pick your lovely salmon out of the water with one hand.

Scruff

I thought it was funny, also theres truth in it...

Thank you. How are you going to catch a fish like this

link removed

By thrashing around like a mad man with a big proding stck???? ](*,) NO

I bet this guy has been waiting all his life to get a catch like this. But moreover, this one has eluded capture for many many years - look at the size of it guys !!! Clearly a picky fish, huh ? !

It took skill and patience, experince and the right type of fly/bait to hook this one !

Scruff

I like your work Scruff, nice visuals ha ha.

Agreed.

Reel it in, let it run, reel it in a bit more, let it run again......

Nice analogy pal, I especially like the ending lol

One question though mate: Are you saying that if we employ this method that the longer that it takes to 'land' an ex, the larger they become?

God help me - I might need to reinforce my floorboards!!

Agreed.

Reel it in, let it run, reel it in a bit more, let it run again......

One question though mate: Are you saying that if we employ this method that the longer that it takes to 'land' an ex, the larger they become?

Not larger, but perhaps the more attractive pal !!