I was in a 2.5 years relationship he just ended it because he said he couldnt see himself growing with me, even though he still loves me.

it ended officially father day.

he send me this today. Now Im not great at getting the exact meanings out of artistic writing. Can someone please tell me why this helped him. What is he saying?

"Hi, i know we're not supposed to be speaking, but my mom sent this to

me and it helped, and I thought it might help you, too."

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked. And the selfsame well from which

your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears. And how

else can it be? The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the

more joy you can contain. Is not the cup that holds your wine the

very cup that was burned in the potter's oven? And is not the lute

that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives?

When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it

is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy. When

you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in

truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight. Some of

you say, "Joy is greater than sorrow," and others say, "Nay, sorrow

is the greater." But I say unto you, they are inseparable. Together

they come, and when one sits alone with you at your board, remember

that the other is asleep upon your bed. Verily you are suspended like

scales between your sorrow and your joy. Only when you are empty are

you at standstill and balanced. When the treasure-keeper lifts you to

weigh his gold and his silver, needs must your joy or your sorrow

rise or fall.

Love beckons to you follow him, Though his ways are hard and steep.

And when his wings enfold you yield to him, Though the sword hidden

among his pinions may wound you. And when he speaks to you believe in

him, Though his voice may shatter your dreams as the north wind lays

waste the garden. For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify

you. Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning. Even as

he ascends to your height and caresses your tenderest branches that

quiver in the sun, So shall he descend to your roots and shake them

in their clinging to the earth. Like sheaves of corn he gathers you

unto himself. He threshes you to make you naked. He sifts you to free

you from your husks. He grinds you to whiteness. He kneads you until

you are pliant; And then he assigns you to his sacred fire, that you

may become sacred bread for God's sacred feast. All these things

shall love do unto you that you may know the secrets of your heart,

and in that knowledge become a fragment of Life's heart. But if in

your fear you would seek only love's peace and love's pleasure, Then

it is better for you that you cover your nakedness and pass out of

love's threshing-floor, Into the seasonless world where you shall

laugh, but not all of your laughter, and weep, but not all of your

tears.

-Kahlil Gibran (he was an artist, like you)

anyone please help me understand!!!

I have a pretty good feeling of what hes trying to say.

He feels guilty for hurting you during the break up process and wanted to send you something so you wouldn't think he is such a bad guy. It probably kills him to think that there is someone out there that may not like him.

I have read some of this authors' other stuff too, I agree with the above post that he is probably feeling really bad, not quite understanding how he could hurt someone who is precious for him, I guess this text gave him an answer, like ;

1. sometimes you need to hurt someone to grow and prosper,

2. and sometimes you need to get hurt to be a better person..

So I guess the main idea is that "Even if something is hurting you now, it is also strengthening you!'

I am afraid he is serious about the break-up, you might not think that this is really a 'good' thing that has happened to you, but I believe that pain sometimes be the source of self-development. You just need some time to figure out what it is that you need to realize about your life and your life goals in relation to this break-up!

Best luck!

I'm so sorry for the terrible pain you are going through. I know how awful it feels...I haven't received ANY communication from my ex after two weeks. So for him to send that to you shows he does care for you on some level, but that he probably does think it's best to end the relationship. I guess maybe he thought that passage would ease your pain, but it wouldn't do anything for me. I'd rather hear what HE himself thought, not read what someone else wrote about joy and sorrow...but maybe he thought it was a fitting ending. It's hard to know. We're all here trying to analyze everything, and it's almost impossible. Best of luck to you....

This poem has a lot of biblical references to it. It is referring to Jesus Christ/God.

The basic message of this poem is this:

In our lives we will all go through very tough times but these events in the end will only make us stronger.

Jesus is the one that protects you, guides you, and strengthens you for the better. In your sorrows you will one day appreciate the struggle that you went through because you will know that you have made it through difficult times. God uses trials and tribulations to strengthen us for the better. God gives us beauty for ashes.

Even though your relationship has ended or "burned" as Usher says, God will take those ashes and transform them into something beautiful. That may be another relationship that is 10 times better than the one you have. Just know that in your sorrow God hears your cries and he is here to comfort you and one day you will over come this.

The Bible says God will put us all through the fire to see what we are made of.

But anything that has gone through the fire comes out to be something beautiful. Like a ceramic pot, or gold, or silver. Just look at this hard time as a stepping stone to something better.

I hope that I made this easy for you to understand.

• Like 1

lonestar_80

you are right on the dot.

thank you for your help.

thanks to all of you.

I just thought I was lead to him for life. God guided me to him when I was in need and it was the same for him.

maybe the purpose was to strengthen eachother at the time and be ready by the end to take on Gods challanges.

Anyway,

Thank you

I just thought I was lead to him for life. God guided me to him when I was in need and it was the same for him.

maybe the purpose was to strengthen eachother at the time and be ready by the end to take on Gods challanges.

Anyway,

Thank you

Well, you know the Bible says that there is a season for everything under heaven. Maybe God has a better mate for you. God can dream a better plan for us than we can. I guess your ex wants you to put your focus on Jesus and your purpose rather than on him.

Im sure your right. but for right now. I can pray and pray and Im not feeling relief. I have never felt this hurt before. Im alone in my apartment wishing my housemate was back from vacation.

I know I must trust in Gods will. I know this was to make me focus on changing some things in my life.

but I cant help feel that he is still who God wants me to be with.. this is soo hard and such bad timing. I am literally all alone. I am trying to become independent but Ive been with him for so long - he was my best friend - we would talk about God and his plans for us. Now I have no one. Im in city I moved to - to be closer to him and all my friends are his friends.

I know Im like a broken record.

I want to stop feeling this way - I want to accept that this was for a reason - I want to not hang on to hope - but since I got no clear reason for the break up and it was sudden that we went on a break in the first place this is sooo hard - to accept never knowing but hoping.

"God help me. Help me put all of worry onto you." this is so much easier to say than do with your entire heart

You are not a broken record. I walked around for days saying the same things to myself and my sister and anyone who would listen. I kept wondering how someone can hold hands, act as if they are in love, make love with you the night before and then break up with someone over the phone. OK, we talked about breaking up a little the day before I had to come back here for work, but there was nothing final and then whammy, on the phone we are and I am crying. She is crying too, so I wondered how she could do this. I think she was trying to feel something, she no longer felt.

I don't know why it left. I do know how you feel. I came up here to get a job to make a little more money to take care of debts. I thought it would make me stop stressing and in turn, help stop dumping on her. Too little, too late. I am up here now, with my contract about to end. I have never wanted to be up here and in the process lost my GF. All I wanted to do and all I want to do now is to go home and now I have no home to go to. I know how you feel.

Hang in there. We have no other option.