Masturbation: the art of making love to yourself

The thing with masturbation is that it does feel good, you know exactly what you want and can get the job done how it needs to be done, but the other thing is that when you do it, you need to think about something, right? Maybe a memory, or a picture, or some idea of a scenario? Well, that's sort of like training yourself to be aroused by fantasy, by ideas of love vs. real love itself and get yourself accustomed to infatuation or lust.

That's my thought on it...

Maybe a memory, or a picture, or some idea of a scenario?

I agree. Unless you are fantasising about yourself when you masturbate (I guess some might), what you are performing is a physical act on yourself, not making love to yourself (which sound a bit creepy to me?!)

I agree. Unless you are fantasising about yourself when you masturbate (I guess some might), what you are performing is a physical act on yourself, not making love to yourself (which sound a bit creepy to me?!)

you can think of it as spending time alone just on yourself, and getting to know the inner you?

or have I been taking too many yoga/spirituality classes?

Alas,

you are what you are which is only a man.

of course you wouldn't understand

you can think of it as spending time alone just on yourself, and getting to know the inner you?

LOL...maybe it is different for women (or other people). Just a physical thing for me. The making love thing.......I don't know.....for me it's a bit like how you can't tickle yourself.

do you want us to be thinking about global warming while we're physically engaged with you? you can't have it both ways, you know.

I remember a few years ago I did two things at once..........oh no I didn't...I watched the TV after making love...sorry I forgot.

Having never been in love before, but having had intimate sexual relationships,

last night I had an epiphany; Masturbation is the closest experience I've ever had to "making love".

Does anyone have any opinions or similar thoughts on this?

I've not had sex either, but I don't really feel masturbation is making love to myself. It's more a sexual outlet. I pretty sure my fingers and my battery op buddy are no where near the intimacy and closeness that you get from being with some you love.