I encourage all the boys out there to cry once in while instead of pretending you are okay when you are not. Admit you were wrong! Say you're sorry! Cry it out.

Boys Don't Cry - The Cure

I would say I'm sorry

If I thought that it would change your mind

But I know that this time

I've said too much

Been too unkind

I try to laugh about it

Cover it all up with lies

I try and

Laugh about it

Hiding the tears in my eyes

'cause boys don't cry

Boys don't cry

I would break down at your feet

And beg forgiveness

Plead with you

But I know that

It's too late

And now there's nothing I can do

So I try to laugh about it

Cover it all up with lies

I try to

Laugh about it

'cause boys don't cry

I would tell you

That I loved you

If I thought that you would stay

But I know that it's no use

That you've already

Gone away

Misjudged your limits

Pushed you too far

Took you for granted

I thought that you needed me more

Now I would do most anything

To get you back by my side

But I just

Keep on laughing

'cause boys don't cry

Boys don't cry

Boys don't cry

Cry myself to sleep occasionally. Mainly when I've had a few drinks. Cause im depressed of been so lonely. Im half ashamed about it, and half think I dont care. Hell, lifes tough, mum and dad were right telling me that when I was younger.

If it helps people to cry then they should go ahead. But if you have no need to and it doesn't help then don't force it just because other people tell you that you should. Some people deal with stuff in a different way and whatever works for them should be respected.

I love the cure

I cry on a sledom occasion. Very rarely. I have cried recently, but i have also gone for several years without shedding a tear.

The reason i didn't cry was not because i felt i had to conform to a masculine gender role. I was just incapable of it. At times i would feel very depressed, but i just couldn't bring myself to cry. I have even TRIED to cry on a couple occasions because i was told it would make me feel better. Never could squeeze out more then 1 tear.

So i assume there are more reasons boys don't cry besides that society tells them not too.

But if you do cry, never be ashamed!

That was so funny Jorus. You can't fault a man for not crying. It is not something any of us try to do. I am 37 years old and have only cried a few times since I was young. I did cry once when I got divorced and cried about three times after my last break up. It is good and healthy, but we can't always cry. It is not because we are too macho, but we just don't know how to do it. I personally don't want to do it again, but it felt good. I did it in my car going to work and did not mean to. I wish I could have cried at a couple of funerals, but it was not biologically possible. That does not mean we don't care, but it is just something that does not happen. Crying is healthy and I wish I could do it more.

Yea, off course guys do cry also. Everyone cries, duhhhhhhh, we're people, rational animals, we don't live by just instinct. Then off course some people cry more than others. LOL, I've been told in two occasions to cry out by my mother, that it helps you release stress, LOL, but I don't see the need to.