I was seeing someone I was really into for 4 months. Last week he called it quits- told me to move on and not wait. The whole relationship was always difficult and full of ups and downs... mainly because he had just come out of a 6 year relationship and was still dealing with that break up. I'm trying to let this go, but it's been very hard. I haven't contacted him for 5 days.

Here's what's bothering me. My friend ran into him last night, and he started talking to her about me. He said, "she knows I love her and have deep feelings for her, but I'm so screwed up right now!" I never knew this at all (besides the "screwed up" part). She then told me that later that night she saw him with another girl, and they appeared close and flirty (was not the ex, either).

So I have conflicing information..in a way... but I feel so confused. Is there anything I can do at this point, or do I give up hope?

Sounds like he's pretty confused. Maybe he's just stringing you along by telling your friend something that you will want to hear then he goes off with another girl.

My advice to you is forget about him and move on. Stick with NC no matter how hard it gets.

I would say it's over. It does not matter what he tells others at this point, his actions are clear, and the fact is...he left. Even if he does have feelings, you don't need that drama or to be involved with someone that screwed up he runs the other way.

Just change your hope to the "I see a great future for myself with someone else" kinda variety - nothing wrong with that

you know, my favourite pastor said: "when people can walk away from you, let them walk."

and i agree.

he probably said that to your friend knowing it would get back to you so that he wouldn't have to feel so bad. (i don't mean 2 be harsh!)

the "screwed up" is an excuse for why he left you, and it could be the girl he was seen with.

i would say DO NOT contact him, let him have her and the consequences of his decision, whatever they may be. by staying silent, you show strength. if he regrets it one day, too bad.

you are very young!!! hey, you'll meet someone soon i promise!! enjoy your life and your youth!!!

Don't spend your life hoping to get back with someone who left. Even if you succeed (10% probability), it's at least 80% certain that whatever caused you to split will make you split again or cause serious trouble.

This leaves only 2% chance of a successful outcome against a 90%+ probability of meeting someone else or finding peace and contentment alone.

I know which gamble I'd rather take!